• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

700/800D rear radiator

Nickbaldwin86

2[H]4U
Joined
Nov 8, 2009
Messages
2,135
what is the biggest radiator for the rear of a 700D/800D case?

Will a 1x140 fit?

I am sure a 1x120 will but I just wanted to make sure

I got out the tape measure and was going over spex of tons of rads and just couldn't come to a conclusion on this.

Looks like the 1x140s are really close but I don't want to get it and find out it will not work

Guess I could just be safe and get the biggest 1x120 rad I can find, what does everyone recommend?

Thanks
 
No one eh?

Can someone tell me a forum I might be able to ask this on? I might go over to Corsair and ask around.
 
Well I have a 800D but I use a top radiator mounted inside the case with the fans above. The fans are pulling air through the radiator and pushing it out the top of the case.

I have seen a 14cm rad once before on the back slot but that all depends on the motherboard you are using and if it will hit anything as well.
 
yup got a 3x120 in the roof of my CC700D currently but I am adding a CPU block so I wanted a little more radiator.

I ended up keeping it safe and ordering a 1x120mm X-flow blackice from DD,...it is the same size overall as the H50

I still don't have rights to post over at Xtreme systems and I have searched there site top to bottom and found one case with a 1x140 in the rear but the pictures are so bad I cant tell what brand it is and I can not get a hold of the guy because I cant send PMs even tell my account gets rights :( oh well i gave up and just ordered the 1x120 and I am sure it will do the job just fine.
 
Since the rear exhaust fan is a 140mm then I see no reason that you wouldn't be able to mount a 140 Rad there also.
You may need to mount the fan on the outside of the case and the Rad on the inside for clearance of the 3x120 in the roof.
 
A 140mm rad won't fit, there isn't enough room between the side panel bend and the screw holes. Stick with a 120 for the back.
 
Since the rear exhaust fan is a 140mm then I see no reason that you wouldn't be able to mount a 140 Rad there also.
You may need to mount the fan on the outside of the case and the Rad on the inside for clearance of the 3x120 in the roof.

Because I think the 140mm fan is tight in there, and the Rad is bigger than the fan, but I couldn't remember for 100% so I start this thread.

A 140mm rad won't fit, there isn't enough room between the side panel bend and the screw holes. Stick with a 120 for the back.

Ya like stated above I went ahead and just ordered the 120mm to be safe and I really didnt think the 140 would fit after measuring again a little closer.
 
A 140mm radiator and fan do fit. I have one there. However no all of them will fit, it must be a narrow radiator designed for tight spaces i.e. same size as the fan and no wider. My first radiator did not fit. I do not know what radiator I am currenlty using.
 
A 140mm radiator and fan do fit. I have one there. However no all of them will fit, it must be a narrow radiator designed for tight spaces i.e. same size as the fan and no wider. My first radiator did not fit. I do not know what radiator I am currenlty using.

You should post again but next time post something useful ;)
 
Back
Top