7 pro or 7 ultimate?

How is ult better than pro with RDC? I use pro at work and RDC to administer our hosted servers all the time. Like the previous poster said, I'm pretty sure the only difference between pro and ult is bitlocker and changeable language.

Can you *take over* a server, not merely administer it?

The *take over* option is extremely useful when dealing with remote home-user PCs, and that requires the Administrator (me) to be running Ultimate (if the target PC is running 7 or Vista). Servers are, in that sense, different than desktops.

If you're just a home user, go with the Home Prenium, Pro or Ultimate is not going to boost your performance.

boo to that, product variation is a good thing. Why pay for the professional features if you are not going to use them? I am not going to be on a domain at my house nor am I going to need xp mode. While at my work we are on a domain, and xp mode is great because we have some lame applications that only run on xp.

Dead on - XP mode makes Pro the lowest option I pick and will recommend to people with apps they want to keep using. I generally steer people away from ultimate.

hrm, I don't know. Pro is kind of where it is at for me. Even something as simple as file level security would be missing. That is kind of annoying, I think.

I have ultimate, only because I go t a few copys free awhile back. If I was going to go out and buy a copy it would prob be pro.

Back