7.6 drivers are out

gljvd

Limp Gawd
www.ati.com

Radeon™ display driver 8.383

These should have the etam or whatever fsaa options

Resolved Issues for the Windows Vista Operating System
This section provides information on resolved issues in this release of the ATI Catalyst™ Software Suite for Windows Vista. These include:

Installing the display driver under the Windows Vista operating system no longer results in the display resolutions of 1680x1050, 1800x1440, 1920x1080 and 1920x1200 not being available when using an analog CRT display device. Further details can be found in topic number 737-27464
IL2 Sturmovik->Forgotten Battles: Setting the in-game hardware options to custom and landscape detail to perfect no longer results in the water textures appearing corrupt when playing the game under the Windows Vista operating system. Further details can be found in topic number 737-26687
Quake 4: Playing the game with CrossFire enabled no longer result in corruption being noticed after a short time of game play. Further details can be found in topic number 737-28172
The Overdrive™ clocks no longer fails to revert back to the default settings and the Apply and Discard buttons no longer become enabled when changing the clock settings for both the primary and secondary display devices. Further details can be found in topic number 737-27619
Playing a DVD using either WinDVD or PowerDVD no longer results in corruption being noticed if the players is rotated to any position other than landscape. Further details can be found in topic number 737-27463
Connecting a secondary display device and enabling extended desktop mode no longer results in changes being made to the secondary display device being reflected on the primary display device. Further details can be found in topic number 737-27460
Setting UMA to 512MB and enabling AERO no longer results in screen corruption being noticed when booting up Windows Vista on systems containing an ATI Radeon X1200/1250 series of product. Further details can be found in topic number 737-28173
Enabling DXVA no longer results in a slow response time being noticed when playing a DVD on a system running Windows Vista and containing an ATI Radeon Xpress 1200/1250 series of product. Further details can be found in topic number 737-28175
An error message is no longer reported when attempting to enable CrossFire on a system containing the Intel Gen2 chipset. Further details can be found in topic number 737-28177
Playing an HD DVD and attempting to do a random seek or change to a different chapter of the movie no longer results in corruption being noticed. Further details can be found in topic number 737-28179
Resolved Issues for the Windows XP Operating System
This section provides information on resolved issues in this release of the ATI Catalyst™ Software Suite for Windows XP. These include:

Armed Assault: A handle count leak is no longer noticed during game play in Task Manager. Further details can be found in topic number 737-27467
The system no longer become unresponsive and require a reboot while randomly moving Video Player window from primary to extended desktop under certain hardware configurations where the second adapter is an ATI Radeon X1200/1250/1270 series of product. Further details can be found in topic number 737-27092.
Connecting a secondary display device followed by enabling extended desktop mode no longer results in a VPU Recover occurring when playing a DVD on the secondary display device using WinDVD. Further details can be found in topic number 737-28184
The PAL-M and NTSC-J are no longer missing from TV-format list found in the ATI Catalyst Control Center. Further details can be found in topic number 737-28185

Thanks, I completely forgot they update the drivers.

Gee, I wonder if there's any performance improvement with the X1650 XT. :eek:

EDIT: I just checked the release notes. There was a performance improvement for the 7.5 for the X1650 XT but not for this one. Oh well. I'm too busy to update the driver right now anyway. Heh.

C.O.J DX10

coj1.jpg

coj76.jpg

Sorry for the lack of other benches, this is all I had time for, but at least it shows improvement!

Here's my high resolution Cat 7.5 vs 7.6 DX10 benches, could practically be a wash, not to much in terms of performance improvement.

Crossfired HD 2900XTs
E6600 @ 3.0
Bad Axe 2
4 gigs of Ballistix
Dell 2407
Vista Enterprise 32 bit

Call of Juarez

Resolution - 1920x1200
Details - High
Shadowmap size - 2048x2048
Shadows quality - Normal
Anti-aliasing - MSAA x2
Audio - enable

Cat 7.5

Min 10.1
Max 64.0
Avg 30.0

Cat 7.6

Min 8.0
Max 67.5
Avg 31.5

Company of Heroes

Resolution - 1920x1200
Shader Quality - Direct3D 10
Model Quality - High
AA - Off
Texture Detail - Ultra
Shadows - Medium
Reflections - High
Post Processing - On
Building Detail - High
Physics - High
Tree Quality - Medium
Terrain Detail - Medium
Effects Fidelity - Ultra
Effects Density - High
Object Scarring - On
Model Detail - Middle setting (5)

Cat 7.5

Average: 30.7
Maximum: 59.9
Minimum: 9.2

with AA set to 4x

Average: 20.2
Maximum: 40.8
Minimum: 5.2

Cat 7.6

Average: 30.0
Maximum: 59.7
Minimum: 8.2

with AA set to 4x

Average: 22.2
Maximum: 42.9
Minimum: 6.4

HD2900XT.

Cat 7.6 at Stock clock 1920x1200
Average 68

Cat 7.6 at Stock clock 1920x1080
Average 71

Cat 7.5. (8.38XX) at stock clock 1920x1080
Average 57

All settings set to max. Standard clock.

from what i can gather there have been a few slight increases here and there but its generaly a wash .

Remember these are 8.383 vs 8.38 from the 7.5 series so there wasn't much time between the two

I'm hoping the 7.7s will be from the 8.4 build if possible

HD2900XT.

Cat 7.6 at Stock clock 1920x1200
Average 68

Cat 7.6 at Stock clock 1920x1080
Average 71

Cat 7.5. (8.38XX) at stock clock 1920x1080
Average 57

All settings set to max. Standard clock.

I'm assuming this is in XP in DX9? No way in hell in DX10 :p

Hmmm just installed these myself and bit of a let down on Folding@home side. It seems that the 3D speeds do not kick in with just CCC installed. Can anybody confirm?

7.5 + Atitool, a % took my x1900xtx around 6,5mins to process.

7.6 + CCC takes about 9mins to complete a %.

And this is the same WU Iam working on, so there should be no change. No biggie, but this has been so as long as I have folded with GPU.

Hmmm just installed these myself and bit of a let down on Folding@home side. It seems that the 3D speeds do not kick in with just CCC installed. Can anybody confirm?

7.5 + Atitool, a % took my x1900xtx around 6,5mins to process.

7.6 + CCC takes about 9mins to complete a %.

And this is the same WU Iam working on, so there should be no change. No biggie, but this has been so as long as I have folded with GPU.

Hmm, haven't tested that, I never did get 3d settings to automatically kick, always had to use ATI tool to force them, with 7.5 it switched clock speeds on its own with the GPU client?

Hmm, haven't tested that, I never did get 3d settings to automatically kick, always had to use ATI tool to force them, with 7.5 it switched clock speeds on its own with the GPU client?

Srr for bad description. I have never had the 3D clocks kick in with just CCC installed, no matter what ATI version I have tried. Like ND40oz, I have always needed to set 2D/3D clocks with ATItool and with that combination (CCC+atitool) 3D clocks kick in when I start the folding GPU client

ps. I did write about this into the AMD customer care, lets hope they read it :)

I took your same Oblivion route from the Radeon HD 2900 XT vs. 320MB 8800 GTS
artical and averaged 38 FPS (single card) with same settings, 100% grass, and V-sync

If that's true, which I'm not saying it's not or questioning your credibility, then that's friggin awesome.

Do you guys see the picture difference when using these drivers vs others?

It improved how my games look slightly.

Has new LCD overdrive features too.

I really like this driver.

i cant get this to install. keep getting a cli error and i cant open my CCC. ive installed 3 different frame networks. 1.1 2.0 and 3.0 what else can i do?

Back