7.5 Months......

Vaulter98c

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - October 2009
Cough Cough.....

(+260k more from my rig going back big adv today)

Cough Cough.....

EDITs

Feb 25 -1,339,339,760...
Feb 27 -1,333,611,393...
Feb 28 -1,324,286,250...
Mar 01 -1,318,748,305...

Last edited:
bad ass.. just wish the points were worth it for me to keep folding to say i actually helped :( but 480w for 10k PPD just aint cutting it anymore.

Build a 4p!!!!

give me the money and i'll do it, otherwise it ain't happening.

Fold anyway, it all counts.

thats not what my wallet says. some of us don't have endless disposable income and i'm sure as hell not giving it to the electric companies for "science" and getting a measly 10k PPD in return.

but what ever this isn't about me, this is about putting EVGA back where they ........(bunch of words i'm not going to say but you can fill in the blank yourselves) belong!

Last edited:
This is so spiffy.

Fold On!

Last edited:
Just stopped by from another Folding Team to say "Congratulations" to the [H] Team. You guys are knockin' it out of the park with production and certainly should be proud! :cool:

Just stopped by from another Folding Team to say "Congratulations" to the [H] Team. You guys are knockin' it out of the park with production and certainly should be proud! :cool:

Good to see ya texinga, and thank you.

Feel free to take your coat off and stay a while. ;)

Thats gotta be a non error based record!!

Last edited:
Ok, picture me confused, we were hitting 30 mil in a 24 hr block, now were like 7 mil short of that. Any ideas why? I know I've upped my production over 100% where I was last week, but it seems like there has been an epic drop off

Stats server issues? Random fluke of folding nature?

I think there is something up with the stats servers. I've been folding for 5 days 24/hr a day now and haven't seen my ppd go up at all.

I think there is something up with the stats servers. I've been folding for 5 days 24/hr a day now and haven't seen my ppd go up at all.

Have you got a passkey and have you completed 10 SMP wu's yet within the preferred deadline?

Yeah, both clients I'm running I entered the passkey. I'm sure I've completed 10 wu's already but it's only showing 6 at the moment. I know for certain I completed one this morning prior to the last update. Also, do you think I should run -bigadv given my system? From what I read anything 8 thread and higher was suggesting bigadv units. I just started with this... so I have a lot still to learn and tinker with. I'm planning on setting up an Ubuntu install on here just for folding.

Most of the stat sites are about 6 hours behind WU submitted. Give it a little time and they will show up :)

Something does seem wonky with the stats servers, as I've got several goose eggs for 3 hour updates today which is very abnormal given the sheer number of clients I have running and the size WU's they're crunching.

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=45436

Yeah, both clients I'm running I entered the passkey. I'm sure I've completed 10 wu's already but it's only showing 6 at the moment. I know for certain I completed one this morning prior to the last update. Also, do you think I should run -bigadv given my system? From what I read anything 8 thread and higher was suggesting bigadv units. I just started with this... so I have a lot still to learn and tinker with. I'm planning on setting up an Ubuntu install on here just for folding.

I'd suggest actually looking at your log to figure out how many WU's you've completed, as it will make it a lot easier to diagnose....

Bigadv is now asking for a 16 core system, and even then, it needs to be a quick one (i.e. my 2x 6128 box isn't fast enough for the upcoming bigadvs).

Logs look good... so I assume I just need to wait. The WU my laptop finished was added so I guess it takes a while. I'll also turn off bigadv once this one finishes!

I have a 980x and I don't plan on moving away from bigadv until I'm forced to.

Where are you guys seeing 30mil? I only see one day where we got to 28mil and another at 27mil. We mostly land from 23-26mil per day which is why our average is 25M PPD.

The 30 million might have popped up when viewing the "Points Last 24hr" stat field. I've seen some really crazy numbers show up in "Points Last 24hr" versus "Daily Production" or "Points 24 hr avg."

The 30 million might have popped up when viewing the "Points Last 24hr" stat field. I've seen some really crazy numbers show up in "Points Last 24hr" versus "Daily Production" or "Points 24 hr avg."

^this

I usually just go to the team page and look at the read out for the past few days.

Same here, I usually go off that, I know the last 24 can swing a bit, but now it's down to 21 mill, that's nearly 1/3 off where it was lol

I was just wondering if I'm being paranoid or what lol

The drop could also be real and due to the HP Cloud changes effective 2/27.
HPCS is supposedly no longer approving beta applications for folding. More info here.

29 mil again, looks like there is some lag in the stats servers and Im figuring theres also a bit of struggle because not everyone is getting the biggest they can. My ppd is hovering around 100k shorter than where it should be (300k now, should be 400k) because every other unit I get is big adv then some weak unit then big adv again, bouncing from 150k per unit to 450k per unit. Hopefully that will level out soon and our steam rollers can run smoothly again

I dont think the HP thing will have much impact on us, only time will tell but I dont think we got into that like other teams have. Or maybe im just blind lol, but I doubt we added too much from that

o yea...

I can't see the HP having a huge effect. That said I think a bunch of it is waves of -bigadv hitting. Probably caused by the severs getting a lump of them in, they get downloaded and uploaded all in a kinda wave.

Is -bigadv even working anymore? I set my 3930K up for it and just get regular smp units.

Is -bigadv even working anymore? I set my 3930K up for it and just get regular smp units.

If running Windows, I think effectively no. I don't recall the last one I've gotten in Windows. In Linux, you'll be good though.

Well with bucks points back in now they are closing our charge

Dont forget with the new GPU WU's theyre gonna put up more points than normal since they are so GPU heavy

Isnt it funny how every time we get a leg on them theres a new high scoring GPU unit and some nerf to SMP or BIGADV ? Just something I've noticed lol, wonder how much money Nvidia really put into Stanford lol

Maybe at one time the EVGA Bucks had a significant impact, but there really isn't a huge spike that comes from it today. When the minimum points was raised last year, lots of Folders spend the entire month trying to reach the 350K figure. With the recent Bigadv changes, even more Folders found themselves struggling to hit the Bucks numbers that they used to achieve fairly early in the month.

Being on the EVGA Team, for fun I track both EVGA's and HardOCP's progress (daily) in my own charts. I can tell you that unless we miraculously obtain a bunch of 4P rigs, [H] should eventually overtake us at your current rate of progress. In the last month, for the first time, [H] has reached a place where every day you are out-producing EVGA. That is a significant turnaround and you guys have much to be proud of in your builds/teamwork. Just sayin' that you really don't have that much to worry about at this time. It is great to see the competition getting closer these days and maybe it will spark some interesting days ahead if/when the #1 spot changes hands. Fold on bros! :)

Glad to see you in here bro, feel free to stop by any time. Ive noticed there isnt much of an upward trend from the bucks jump anymore, its just that with bigadv all over the place the last week or two I dont wanna see our average drop at the same time yalls rises. I know its not much, and its pretty dumb actually tho, but I just think having yall on the overtake list is encouraging to us, keeps morale up lol.

But thanks for swinging in and being a good sport, I know when I left in 2010 things were pretty heated between the two teams, glad to see theres still some dignity lol

just a heads up, we are no longer on EVGA's threat list, they have pulled ahead of us again

It's called "March Madness" and one of the most popular month-long contests that is run amongst the EVGA Team. It does show what the Team can do when they really push together. Unfortunately, these kind of results have not been historically sustainable. Like many teams, when the contest is over, people are ready to take a breather, game, etc and the Folding hard charge spins back down to normal run-levels.

Looking at the "overtake" data that appears on the EOC site, it must have a pretty short time-frame for estimating overtakes. I think if the period were longer, you would not see the short-term changes in overtake that appear there. I'm still lovin' that our Teams are as close as they are and would love to see an all out drag race with both Teams Foldin' till we burn! :D:cool:

Tex, it is based on the 7 day average.... so as that changes so does the overtake.

Back