6TB HDD reporting as 1.46TB

NeghVar

2[H]4U
Western Digital WD60PURZ-64T0ZY1
Both Ubuntu (Gparted) and Windows 7 (various native and 3rd-party apps) are detecting my 6TB HDD as 1.46TB. The BIOS sees it as a 6TB. It is GPT. No surface scan problems. I did a secure wipe of the HDD. Anyone have any other suggestions?

It was originally initialized on a Hikvision DVR as an ext4 partition. HDD details showed it as 6TB. The unit returned a few weeks later. The report stated that the overwrite process indicator was on. This means that the HDD has reached capacity and video is now being writing over the oldest video (standard procedure). It was configured to always maintain 3 months of video (2TB/month). It returned yesterday. The HDD configuration settings of the DVR showed 1.46TB. Removed the HDD and attached it to an eSATA bay on a Windows 7 PC. It was detected as a 1.46TB HDD with an unknown partition (due to ext4). Rebooted and entered BIOS. Drive appeared as a 6TB HDD. Rebooted into Windows and began what I listed above. The Linux system is CAINE which is Ubuntu-based

Back