laxmiddi44

Gawd
asdas.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

(NVM: Maybe Real Maybe Not)

4b5eN+EE said:
how do you know?

Just stare at it. Screen isn't parallel with the borders, and the black outline of the screen isn't always faded like it should be?

The 2nd picture the screen doesn't look like its angled with the ipod itself. From first glance it looks normal but stare at it, and you can see it's like a copy paste screen.

3rd pic the screen doesn't look parallel with the ipod casing.

someone else on appleinsider pointed out that Ice age 2 isn't out yet...

but, I think it's real :)

course I'm no photoshop expert, but everything to me looks real

can one replicate the finger reflection in the first pic?

the second pic's screen has "bands" in it (at least to me)

The second pics looks really fake, the screen looks too squared off and bright to me. i hope they do come out with something like this though, it would be really neat to have the magic disappearing touch wheel :)

Regardless of it being real or not, it's an awesome idea and setup to continue the iPod series. Also if it is fake, awesome 3D art, Photoshop whatever skills by the author!

Fake or not, the pictures look great. Not real sure what this proves, but if you look at the first pic on the bottom corner of the "ipod" you can see a finger print.

if it's not real, it's not because of shabby looking photographs. everyone turns into columbo when trying to refute pictures that may or may not be real.

i think the pictures are probably real, but only because of one thing. if someone was trying to make fake pictures that looked real, they would NEVER make a picture looking like #2. it's very bright, and people who are looking to claim "it's fake" would jump all over that one.

either way, that is a really nice looking unit.

for the finger, the person probably just took a pic with a real ipod (hence teh finger reflection)and photoshopped the top part

cool, nonetheless

oOo sam lee oOo said:
for the finger, the person probably just took a pic with a real ipod (hence teh finger reflection)and photoshopped the top part

Exactly what I was thinking. With the latest Apple release I sure hope the new Video iPod is a great product. Imagine a Firewire port and being able to store movies from your Video Camcorder onto the Video iPod. I guess we can all dream.

hopefully apple rly does come out with this...i REALLY want it ;)

*thinking* please be real please be real!! :D

theyangster said:
someone else on appleinsider pointed out that Ice age 2 isn't out yet...
Did Pixar do Ice Age 2?

It's definitely fake, not because I'm actually going to examine those pictures but because I don't see why, all of the sudden, there would be leaked pics of ANY new Apple product. They are the best in the industry at keeping something under wraps up until the hour they want to release it.

About the fingerprints: Of course the entire thing isn't photoshopped. They took a picture of the 5G 30 GB iPod and redid the front of it.

Ice Age is 20th century fox. I expect to see Cars or The Incredibles or something Pixar on a real video iPod when its revealed.

You can tell it's a fake....look at the very first pic...it's at an angle to where you can "see" the negative effect of the upper (right) portion of the screen...check out where it starts to get negative, it's too much of a change...there would be much more of a gradient to it than is there...it's like it all the sudden becomes negative.

I personaly dont care if its a fake or not... but i believe that is simular to what the next ipod will look like... at least thats the only way im going to replace my 3g 15gb

you know, that is probably the best hack if it is one i've seen.

If you look at the image contrasts, the square of the screen compared to the other shots, is completely uniform. Someone either went to a LOT of trouble to get those images edited so they are uniformly the same aspect wise for the screen, or they are real.

And pertaining to the gradiation of the screen image on the first picture, there are lighting conditions that could have caused that, don't forget, it isn't like a normal LCD where there is no protective cover per-say, the iPods have a rather thick hard plastic shell over the screen.

The third picture is what looks and makes me think it is real... The image itself, the controls, all look like a picture taken off an lcd. No camera glare though....

Who cares, that thing would be soooo awesome.

I would have to agree that it is a fake just because of the past in that these are normally rumors. Not to think that Apple wouldn't make something like that but I won't believe it until I see it. I would hope that this type of product comes to light.

apple employees all have perfectly manicured fingernails, unlike the gentleman in the first picture.

I'm going to be the odd one and say its real. Something like that have long been in the dreams of many ipod fans including me. I would buy that in a jiffy.

There's no doubt that it's a beautiful mock-up, but the idea of having an on-screen touchwheel is just... stupid. It would mean taking the iPod out of your pocket everytime you wanted to change a song. A complete LCD front also means more room for scratches and fingerprints. Nice idea, but the idea is overdone.

Then again, if Apple could come up with a screen that defied that conventional logic and wisdom, it could really rejuvenate the iPod (and maybe carrying such a technology/design over to the tablet PC to reinvent that entire market).

Do you think they would already have a new one comming out that soon, just seeing how they release the 5g around christmas time?

I vote chop for two reasons.

1) That wouldn't be that hard to do in photoshop
2) When has an apple product actually been leaked?

at least, thats what apple is rumored to do anyway and i love the mock up. Hopefully the finished apple product, would be that sleek and good

the imacs were leaked with cellphone pics before their introduction. the new imacs that is.

Anyone notice how this iPod looks a little like a zen vision, minus the controls on the side? Another thing I worry about is what all that screen touching to access the controls will do to the screen (think scratches and LCD discoloration) in the long run.

Solar said:
Anyone notice how this iPod looks a little like a zen vision, minus the controls on the side? Another thing I worry about is what all that screen touching to access the controls will do to the screen (think scratches and LCD discoloration) in the long run.

Like apple has worried about scratches before? :p

I guess we'll find out April 1st... That's not that long away. 30th Anniversary Folks- They've got to release something!

just a thought, but there are ways of getting a scratch-proof(let's say RESISTANT ;) )

does anyone remember TDK's "bullet proof" CD where you could literally drag it along the ground and it would be unscratched (maybe not totally unscratched, but you get the point)

I believe it was something with UV curing, sounds expensive, but I would say worth it

however, unlikey for apple to do this...
I still think it's real

"proof"

Back