• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

6990 heat issues?

Looks like you have a huge CPU bottleneck as your gpu core clock rarely clocked down.

Either that or the 880 bios you are running changes how power tune behaves. Dunno why you don't just run the 830 bios with lower voltage... 830 = 1.12V and 880 = 1.175V. If you really want to overclock just see how high you can overclock on the 830 bios.

Its not a cpu bottleneck, I have a I7 2700K overclocked to 4.9ghz. Also the 99% load was constant, I watched it during the benchmark.
 
Its not a cpu bottleneck, I have a I7 2700K overclocked to 4.9mhz. Also the 99% load was constant, I watched it during the benchmark.

LOL. look at your own screenshot.
heaven11vsyncon2.jpg


Do you know how to read a graph? You can see the one that has 99% max load... Then if you look at the graph to the right of it and compare it to the other 3 gpus, you will see it lines up with them. If it was 99% the whole area would be solid red to the top. From your screenshot it looks like it was about 30-40% load. Like I said, that 99% was for a split second only.
 
OK first off please quit with the rudeness. Im very aware of how to read a graph. I kept going back looking at it and it was showing 99% and forgot I had that on max setting.

I MADE A MISTAKE! MY BAD.

Now I thought about that right after I posted and just ran another benchmark and logged and YOU ARE CORRECT, it was just a spike.

Anyway, I still plan on making some copper shims for these vregs and ditching the thermal pads so hopefully that will help. In the mean time I will just keep vsync on. Thanks for everyones help.
 
Anyway, I still plan on making some copper shims for these vregs and ditching the thermal pads so hopefully that will help. In the mean time I will just keep vsync on. Thanks for everyones help.

Don't waste your time because it won't help. You will just be adding another form of thermal resistance into the equation. Instead of just having a thermal pad, now you will have a copper shim, plus twice the thermal paste. I bet that will just make your temps worse than with the pad.
 
Back
Top