• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

6970 for 5040x1050 eyefinity

FinalAura

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 10, 2008
Messages
1,123
Thinking of getting myself a present this christmas and was wondering if a 6970 would be a good performance boost over a 58701gb version at 5040x1050. How much more fps am i looking at?

Crossfire is not an option as I don't like the fan noise/heat, and my motherboard sandwiches the cards too close together. I don't really wanna deal with microstutter either...

I play bfbc22 mostly, and from the H review, it seems like bfbc2 barely gets any performance boost from a 6970 over a 5870. The 5870 doesnt really give me the frames I want, and most of the settings are medium/low with no AA, but it is still playable. Obviously crysis needs help. Also playing darksiders and that i think could use help as well.

Specs are : i7 920 @ 4ghz, 6gb ram, win7, corsair hx620w

Thanks.
 
If you have to stick with a single card, and need a fps boost then I agree. Wait for 6990. It will be a beast.
 
Back
Top