• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

6970 Crossfire

Joined
May 14, 2011
Messages
3
Hi all.

I have finished building my new system, I've decided to upgrade my monitor from 23" 1920x1080 to 27" 2560x1440, Which in turn has made me look at crossfire-ing my 6970. :eek: :D

rig:

2500k @ 4.6ghz (1.30v)
P8P67 Pro
4GB XMS3 1600mhz (Soon to be 8GB)
1X 120GB SSD
2X SATA (1 5900 rpm, 1 7200rpm)
MSI HD6970 @ stock.
Corsair TX750 Is this enough?

With the coming of games in November I want a nice steady 60+fps on highest settings (MW3, BF3, Few others)

I have read that a decent 700-750 PSU can handle 2x6970 and a Sandybridge OC. I will leave the 6970's at stock.

I've only had the PSU about 18 months and dont want to have to sell and buy a 850 or 1000 watt if I dont have to.

Cheers lads! :)
 
Last edited:
Thanks mate. So I should be good to go ahead and get another 6970? :D

Absolutely. looking closely at your setup I see no reason why a 750 wouldn't power both cards at stock. Hell even at +20 powertune settings at stock you'll be fine.
 
Well, That's good enough for me. I'm gonna go order my 2nd 6970 :D

Bring on (my 1st ever) Crossfire :eek::eek::eek:

Cheers!!
 
Back
Top