• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

6950 performance on unigine benchmark

cyclejim

n00b
Joined
Dec 5, 2006
Messages
8
Hey guys, I have a sapphire 6950 2gb that I flashed to a 6970, CPU is an e8400 mildly overclocked , 4 gb ram, win 7 64 bit, gigabyte 965p ds3 mobo. I'm getting about 56 fps on unigine at default settings, running at 1366x768 which is the native resolution of my 32 inch LCD.

I was wondering if that seems a little low? I get about 35fps using the grand theft auto benchmark at the same res with night shadows turned off.

I also am using msi afterburner set to 900/1400.

Thoughts?Any advice is appreciated.
 
You're probably CPU limited. Dual core CPUs don't cut the mustard as well as they used to.
 
Totally overkill vidcard for the resolution and the cpu, so yeah it will be bottlenecked.

My 6850 paired with an E5200 at 3.2GHz was showing numbers ~30% under most low resolution benchmarks as an example of bottlenecking.

My recommendation in the meantime is to not really care and just turn on all the bell and whistles on your games, including a healthy dose of AA, and only upgrade the cpu+mobo if you really need the performance in a game, if not dont worry for the time being.
 
Back
Top