Niels_at_home
n00b
- Joined
- Oct 21, 2010
- Messages
- 13
Hi Guys,
I'm confused what screens I can hook up to the new Ati cards. The target is 5 screens, without using the non yet available DisplayPort 1.2 hubs. I'll have 2 x displayport screen, no probs there. 3 screens remain. All resolutions are 1920x1200 or less.
It seems it is NOT possible to use DVI1 + DVI2 + HDMI together, but is this absolutely true? If this is true and only 2 can be used, technically an option would be to connect 2 DVI screens from the dual link port, or is the HDMI then no longer functional?
Basically:
2xDP, DVI-1, DVI-2, HDMI = 5 screens but unlikely to work
2xDP, DVI-dual link 2 screens, HDMI = 5 screens but .. does it work?
EDIT : option 2 is probably bollocks as dual link doesn't seem to have 2 signals, just 1 'bigger' signal for super high res screens! I'm doomed to the 5870 eyefinity 6 then!
Its rather confusing matter!
I'm confused what screens I can hook up to the new Ati cards. The target is 5 screens, without using the non yet available DisplayPort 1.2 hubs. I'll have 2 x displayport screen, no probs there. 3 screens remain. All resolutions are 1920x1200 or less.
It seems it is NOT possible to use DVI1 + DVI2 + HDMI together, but is this absolutely true? If this is true and only 2 can be used, technically an option would be to connect 2 DVI screens from the dual link port, or is the HDMI then no longer functional?
Basically:
2xDP, DVI-1, DVI-2, HDMI = 5 screens but unlikely to work
2xDP, DVI-dual link 2 screens, HDMI = 5 screens but .. does it work?
EDIT : option 2 is probably bollocks as dual link doesn't seem to have 2 signals, just 1 'bigger' signal for super high res screens! I'm doomed to the 5870 eyefinity 6 then!
Its rather confusing matter!