68xx available on Newegg, $180/$240 get it before they fix the leak

Hmm.. tempted on the gigabyte 6850. But I really want to see if they got these on amazon, $4 overnight for the win! Also anyone think these will be cheaper by christmas time? Or just sold out everywhere?

Hmm.. tempted on the gigabyte 6850. But I really want to see if they got these on amazon, $4 overnight for the win! Also anyone think these will be cheaper by christmas time? Or just sold out everywhere?

I'm sure they'll be a few bucks cheaper, but how low can they go? They are already priced to sell.

edit: the radeon 6000 series is now showing up on the newegg guided search and searching for "6870" no longer brings up paper, but the actual cards.

I'm not sure what xfx is thinking, both their cards are overpriced.

In for the ASUS 6870. I'm going to hang on to this until Nvidia releases their top card.
Don't hold your breath on Amazon preorders, make sure the card is in stock before buying.

In for the ASUS 6870. I'm going to hang on to this until Nvidia releases their top card.
Don't hold your breath on Amazon preorders, make sure the card is in stock before buying.

I don't know what to do, I want to order the card on newegg, but newegg ships its stuff at like 8pm and I don't want it to ship today so I can cancel order if they got it on amazon so I can get overnight shipping for cheap. And what if newegg sells out? Oh noes!

I don't know what to do, I want to order the card on newegg, but newegg ships its stuff at like 8pm and I don't want it to ship today so I can cancel order if they got it on amazon so I can get overnight shipping for cheap. And what if newegg sells out? Oh noes!

If you have the money, buy from Amazon when they get it and refuse the Newegg package when it arrives.
You cover both side of the problem.;)

If you have the money, buy from Amazon when they get it and refuse the Newegg package when it arrives.
You cover both side of the problem.;)

Heck no, I did that with chiefvalue (the box that came was from newegg, had same shipping and return address) it took me a month to get a refund from a package that I refused. They received 2 days after I refused it too, it just took them a month to give me a refund.

ChiefValue, sister store to Newegg, has different return department and isn't as efficient as the parent company.
I've refused Newegg packages before and was credited within a week.
I just refused a Buy.com package last week and was credited this week.

I'm not sure what xfx is thinking, both their cards are overpriced.

Yea the XFX is a pretty significant difference.

I'm really tempted to see wait and see what the price difference is gonna be after those NVIDIA cuts...anyone guesses on if these after-MIR prices are the minimum now, or if they'll go lower?

so they should be close to 470's, just a tad more pricey. hmmm what to get.

The 6870 outperforms a GTX 470 in virtually every game according to guru3d.
All the other review sites have the 470 being better.

Last edited:

I'm really tempted to see wait and see what the price difference is gonna be after those NVIDIA cuts...anyone guesses on if these after-MIR prices are the minimum now, or if they'll go lower?

judging by the leaked benchmarks, the gtx 460 1gb will have to be $180 before mail in rebates to be competitive. As it shows in the benchmarks it is expensive at $200 right now.

sorry, im a moron when it comes to the 6*** series, the 6850 is a competitor to the 460 1gb? If so, and i can run more than 2 at a time...

Any lower will depend on the retailer. Nvidia seems to be in the process of releasing a GTX 480/470 refresh to counter the 6950/6970, that's why I went with the 6870.
I chose the card that will hold it's value a little better over the next few months.

sorry, im a moron when it comes to the 6*** series, the 6850 is a competitor to the 460 1gb? If so, and i can run more than 2 at a time...

No, you can only run the 6850 in dual crossfire, you can not do three of four in a CF configuration.

damn killer prices for these, do I smell 6970 coming in between 300-350.

Better get them before 9 because that's when newegg will raise the price. :p

I have to ask a stupid question.

Why are these latest generation 6000 series cards less than the 5000 series even including used ones that people are selling? Some people on the forums for example are selling 5870s for around $300.

damn killer prices for these, do I smell 6970 coming in between 300-350.

The 6970 looks like a beast compared to the performance increase of the 6870 over the 5830.
Nvidia is already scrambling to announce GTX 580 information. Here's hoping the 6950 is $280!!!

Why are these latest generation 6000 series cards less than the 5000 series even including used ones that people are selling? Some people on the forums for example are selling 5870s for around $300.

Well, 5870 is still marginally faster than the 6870. As for $300... well that seems overpriced to me.

Because rebadging.

These are really meant to replace the 5770 and the 5830.

I expect the 5870's to just phase out slowly as the inventory ends on those things. I doubt ati ordering any more of those since 40mn is pretty much maxed out in capacity already.

Is this 5770 going to drop in price after these are released?

not much of a reason to. its a slower card and cheaper. amd needs something to fill the $110 - $150 price range.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Hmm my GTX260 is still priced at $170... Wonder what resell on it is if it would be worth it to go from a GTX260 to a ATI 6850.

Back