• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

6870 Crossfire- Driver Horrorshow!

Still no crash. Holy shit, this is amazing. I may get to play Black Ops with my single shittier than the older 5870 card on its own, afterall.

what? is cfx working or not?

http://www.google.com/search?q=nvidia+driver+error+dl




Hmm...
Registered on the eve of an ATI launch
Started a thread about your terrible ATI experience that nobody else seems to be having
Started another thread about more terrible ATI experiences right after Nvidia has a big PR show
Pounding the "ATI quality and drivers are bad" drum the night the NDA on the 580 lifts
Ignore or minimize any Nvidia issues
I'll stop short of directly you of being a puppet shill account, but you're not really doing anything that would point to any other conclusion.

"Nvidia FTW!"

yes, suspicious indeed. I said it before one of my cards was faulty and then I got it RMA'd it worked. So perhaps the op needs to do that.

But suspicious nonetheless.
 
Played some Black Ops this morning with the single card, no issues. Runs great. Not crashed at all yet, touch wood all is good.

Anyone else ever experienced a total windows hardlock without BSOD from a graphics card before? Scary stuff.
 
ffs... they got the card back and tested it ok. WTF!!! Ran it through Testmark for an hour.

I couldn't even surf google without a hardlock. The other 6870 has been fine and i've not had a single hiccup.

How can this be? If that card isn't faulty, why am I not getting system stability issues still?

Intel Burn Test, prime95, LinX, Memtest, 3D Vantage... all pass with flying colours right now.

Played hours and hours on end of Black Ops, Fallout New Vegas, World in Conflict, Stalker. All stable, even the Black Ops lag and hitch issues haven't effected me in the slightest.

Wish I would have waited and gone for a better single GPU. Hate these cards already... HATE them.
 
ffs... they got the card back and tested it ok. WTF!!! Ran it through Testmark for an hour.

I couldn't even surf google without a hardlock. The other 6870 has been fine and i've not had a single hiccup.

How can this be? If that card isn't faulty, why am I not getting system stability issues still?

Intel Burn Test, prime95, LinX, Memtest, 3D Vantage... all pass with flying colours right now.

Played hours and hours on end of Black Ops, Fallout New Vegas, World in Conflict, Stalker. All stable, even the Black Ops lag and hitch issues haven't effected me in the slightest.

Wish I would have waited and gone for a better single GPU. Hate these cards already... HATE them.

Forgive me but I can't remember nor do I have the patience to go back through your entire thread. Did you try that card in different pcie slots as it would indicate that either that card needs a bios update or you have a bad pcie slot or another issue. Are they sending you the same card back or another one. I'd request another, just in case.
 
Forgive me but I can't remember nor do I have the patience to go back through your entire thread. Did you try that card in different pcie slots as it would indicate that either that card needs a bios update or you have a bad pcie slot or another issue. Are they sending you the same card back or another one. I'd request another, just in case.

I switched the two cards around first of all, still getting BSODs and hard locks.

Then I ran each card on their own, and the RMA'ed one crashed still. The one I have in now has been absolutely faultless. Not a thing wrong with it.

They are going to restock the one I RMA'ed, morons. And I have ordered another one to get here tomorrow.

I dunno, common logic tells me that if there was something else wrong with my system then it would have reared it's ugly head by now? With this other card in, the PC has been amazing. No errors, event viewer is clean, games run good.

I just cannot thathom how they tested that other card to be ok.
 
I switched the two cards around first of all, still getting BSODs and hard locks.

Then I ran each card on their own, and the RMA'ed one crashed still. The one I have in now has been absolutely faultless. Not a thing wrong with it.

They are going to restock the one I RMA'ed, morons. And I have ordered another one to get here tomorrow.

I dunno, common logic tells me that if there was something else wrong with my system then it would have reared it's ugly head by now? With this other card in, the PC has been amazing. No errors, event viewer is clean, games run good.

I just cannot thathom how they tested that other card to be ok.

It appears to be some weird annomoly on that other card. If the other one is working flawlessly since you put it in alone early on in the thread ti's definitely that card being that you even tried it in the same slot that your currently using and it crashed where as this one doesn't. Shame they will restock that card but that's why I never buy refurbished. It may be an RMA replacement to some poor unfortunate soul later. Anyway, you are more than likely getting a new card now and all will be fine, then you can enjoy gaming in crossfire, and stay away from the heroin or banging midgets.
 
It appears to be some weird annomoly on that other card. If the other one is working flawlessly since you put it in alone early on in the thread ti's definitely that card being that you even tried it in the same slot that your currently using and it crashed where as this one doesn't. Shame they will restock that card but that's why I never buy refurbished. It may be an RMA replacement to some poor unfortunate soul later. Anyway, you are more than likely getting a new card now and all will be fine, then you can enjoy gaming in crossfire, and stay away from the heroin or banging midgets.

Thanks for the input. New card coming tomorrow, can but hope eh.

Will report back.
 
New card is in.

Ran 3D Vantage and got 27,349 GPU score with 10.10e and the new profiles. Not too shabby.

Black Ops, Fallout NV worked fine.

Now my only issue is, some weird refresh problem.

Refresh issue is annoying, really annoying. Barely noticeable but its getting to me.

Best description I have found.

"Think of a 60Hz t.v recieving a 50Hz signal, Imeage pulses, Screen goes bright, darker bright darker.

No texture problems and no screen tearing."
 
Back
Top