6850 vs 6950

contitego

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 19, 2011
Messages
173
I was recommended a 6950 (2Gb maybe 1Gb, but probably 2Gb,) and I am looking at a 6850 (1Gb) is the difference of $100 worth it? I have no issue spending $300 if the card is worth that.
I currently have Starcraft 2 running on high with my intel i5 760, 4Gigs of DDR3, and a Geforce 8800gt 256Mb (not sure on this one).

I am planning on playing Starcraft 2, and some FPS games.
 
I would definitely go for the 6950, because I feel with the next wave of games you will find the 6850 start to struggle.
 
I'd easily go with the 6950 2gb, (Asus DirectCU II cooling version is one of the best), because not only is it a good card at a great value, it can be unlocked to a full on 6970 with a little work. Hundreds on the forum here have done so successfully .
 
Back
Top