• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

6850 vs 6870

adrin

n00b
Joined
Dec 1, 2011
Messages
10
Hi guys. I am building a new rig (primarily for work but games occasionally) and need to get the best GPU for the money.
AMD only no Nvidia (dont ask why, lets say its a driver compatibility issue :cool:). The question is should I get 6850 or 6870 (assuming both stock frequency and reference design). 6870 is around $22 more expensive (~15%) - is the performance benefit worth it?. I may consider buying a second card when new ATI/NVIDIA platforms are released (and 6xxx prices drop hopefully) to get CF. BTW do i need exactly (same model) the same card for CF to work?
 
I've seen mixes of video cards in crossfire (not the same brand).

It's worth it to me, you can even recoup that money in many cases with a mail in rebate. I am in the same boat and am pretty sure I'll be going with the 6870.
 
I would definitely grab a 6870 with today's prices over 6850
 
Might as well shoot for the 6870, the price difference isn't a lot.
 
Back
Top