6850 Question

On lowest quality maybe, I run at 2560x1600, I play sc2 and wow, wow usually is at 50fps and sc2 40fps (that's my average, sometimes way higher and lower depending whats going on in the games).

it depends on your definition of "good"... seriously... You'll probably pull off 25-35 fps in most modern games you try.

hmmm was kinda hoping for more,the only game I care about would be borderlands. Would a 6870 do much better or am I better off getting a second 5770?

I have been playing at 5760x1080 on my 6850 and was surprised with the awesomeness. I had to reduce some settings, but overall it still looks and runs pretty good. It won't do 60fps or anything at the resolution, but still playable.

hmmm was kinda hoping for more,the only game I care about would be borderlands. Would a 6870 do much better or am I better off getting a second 5770?

i run my 6850 at 5040x1200 and it runs great but with boarderland there is a eyefinity problem you will have to get the fix for it on one of the boarderland forums. it changes the fov. but boardlands will run good even only high settings.

here is link to fix http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=85874

Last edited:
What kind of frame rates are you getting? I ran it with the 5770 but want more then the 5770 can muster. I am aware of the "fix" it's not perfect but it works and gearxbox does not care official line from them is we don't support wide screen.

Last edited:
well i dont know the fps but it dont lag and looks great.. fps are over rated anyways as long as your having a good gaming expereance is all that matters. so i know it just runs smooth

Back