I've had the 680i since January and it has been flawless up until 2 days ago. I woke up and tried to turn on my computer and it wouldn't post. Nothing was changed the night before.
I let it just sit there not posting and after about 5 min it finally posted. Then I got to my boot options (because I've been dual booting with vista and XP for months) and nothing happened when I selected either one. So I tried again, after waiting the 5 min for the bios to post i chose XP and just let it sit there. Finally after between 5-10 min it booted into XP. Once in XP it runs perfectly fine.
I decided to flash my bios and still the same thing happens. Could it be the sata port? Possibly something wrong with it that it takes a while for it to be recognized? Also my temps are fine once I'm in XP. When I flashed the bios the cd i was flashing from took forever to start.
I'm thinking that my board may be dying?
My Specs:
Evga 680i
Evga 8800GTX
e6600 (was slightly overclocked but not anymore)
2gb Crucial Balistic pc 6400 (changed back to original timings)
Thanks for any help.
I let it just sit there not posting and after about 5 min it finally posted. Then I got to my boot options (because I've been dual booting with vista and XP for months) and nothing happened when I selected either one. So I tried again, after waiting the 5 min for the bios to post i chose XP and just let it sit there. Finally after between 5-10 min it booted into XP. Once in XP it runs perfectly fine.
I decided to flash my bios and still the same thing happens. Could it be the sata port? Possibly something wrong with it that it takes a while for it to be recognized? Also my temps are fine once I'm in XP. When I flashed the bios the cd i was flashing from took forever to start.
I'm thinking that my board may be dying?
My Specs:
Evga 680i
Evga 8800GTX
e6600 (was slightly overclocked but not anymore)
2gb Crucial Balistic pc 6400 (changed back to original timings)
Thanks for any help.