680i Network Adapter Problem

Ourumov

n00b
I have an EVGA nForce 680i motherboard. I'm using the 15.25 drivers (though I had the same issue with the original [2006] drivers) and XP Pro SP3. The problem I have is that neither network adapter will display in Network Connections. All I get is Internet Connection, with a status of disabled. No matter how many times I tell the connection to Enable, it just goes back to Disabled again. The network adapters do display in the Device Manager with no problems. They also show up if I run ipconfig.

In spite of this I have no problems using the internet, and my router shows my connections just fine. However, if I try to set up a work group or anything of the sort it says it can't find my hardware. Furthermore, I've been trying to get a Nintendo Wi-Fi USB connector to work and it always fails to install, telling me that I'm not connected to the internet.

Final bit of info, if relevant. I'm using a D-Link Game Lounge router.

WinsockXPfix maybe
or from a command prompt:

netsh int ip reset reset.log
netsh winsock reset

reboot

Tried, but no luck. I'm wondering if just getting a separate nic is the best option.

I have a 650i, and once in a while mine used to do the same thing. Try another cable? I do fresh installs often and haven't had the issue in awhile. When it does pop up, I swap out cables.

Also, try to set the speed to 100 FD.

I tried swapping cables, but it didn't accomplish anything. The problem isn't connecting to the internet- I'm on the computer in question. Aside from being able to use the network, I'm also able to run media servers (PS3 media server, TVersity and the WMP one). The problem is that nothing displays in the Network Connections window.

you may also try uninstalling the NIC from Device Manager and rebooting.

I came across a few laptops a couple months back that had the exact issue, and letting Windows reinstall the drivers fixed it, in my case.

Hilariously, it won't let me uninstall either of the adapters. I'm just going to reformat and do a fresh install of windows.

Back