6800U artifacts when overclocking FSB ?

LordBritish

2[H]4U
I noticed that when I overclock my FSB past a certain point (240 Mhz), I get artifacts with my 6800U video card.

Here's my system:
* eVga 6800 Ultra (445/1200)
* A64 3400+ Clawhammer (10 x 240) - mem at 240 (1:1)
* K8N Neo Platinum
* 2 x 512mb OCZ 3700 EB

At the settings above, everything is fine. However, when I change my FSB/memory to 245 Mhz, I get artifacts when playing Doom 3.

My AGP should be locked at 66 Mhz so overclocking the FSB should have no effect on the video card at all.

I used the "coolbits" hack to overclock the video card. I did not change the speed of the video card when increasing my FSB.

What's going on here?

I don't understand what FSB has to do with your video card.

Maybe your system temps are rising and causing your GFX card to get too hot.

Could be a possibility.

I do have 5 80mm case fans - 3 sucking, 2 blowing. That should be enough.

I do have some PCI slot fans i'm not using since I don't like to use them - I've had one die on me and turn into a heat generator.

LordBritish said:
Could be a possibility.

I do have 5 80mm case fans - 3 sucking, 2 blowing. That should be enough.

I do have some PCI slot fans i'm not using since I don't like to use them - I've had one die on me and turn into a heat generator.

it is not the heat it is the piece of crap msi neo mine does the same thing when i go past 230 i get artifacts in games withthe card at stock.with my other a64 motherboard i could overclock the card to 440 1225 not i am at 425 1200 with this msi wish i wouldve never bought it headache after headache.

Back