• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

6800U 12V power demands

Autochthon

Limp Gawd
2FA
Joined
Apr 28, 2005
Messages
427
PSU is enermax 600watt for those with sig turned off.

I found it interesting that when I removed my EVGA 6800U from my system and plugged in a little 4meg PCI card ( waiting for 7800GTX stepup) that my 12V rail jumped up almost 0.1V from ~12.25 to ~12.35. Now, even when fully loaded the 12V rail never drops below 12V +, but it definitely drops when the system is working hard.

Have others found this to be the case with other PSU's?
 
At 12.35 you are already at the top end of a 3% max over volt on a well-regulated PSU. Might want to keep an eye on that, although a 5% limit is “allowed” and a lot depends on what you are using to measuer your voltage.

Back to you point, we know that a 6800 seems to draw on average about 80+ watts I believe it is, so removing that from your system could indeed account for your voltage drop.

What you have is a very minor change, don’t think I’d worry about it.

Luck
 
Can't say what actual load will be until video gets here but my cheap DMM reads a steady 12.35 - 12.36V idle and rock solid 12.28 under prime Blend load. I'll retest when video card gets here. I'm not exactly sure why 12V would see much load with prime blend test.
 
Back
Top