6800OC + Far Cry + HL2 = $249

PRIME1

2[H]4U
Starting Sunday Best Buy has:

BFG 6800 OC 128MB AGP with Far Cry & Half Life 2 for $249 after rebate.

LINK

There is also a $20 coupon and a possible $30 discount that may apply (as noted in posts below)

good deal for those who have yet to purchase HL2 (I cant believe they exist :confused: )

May just get this since I missed out on the earlier deal w/ D# instead of HL2, especially since I was considering 6800nu/gt, with a good games bundle, and thats a good deal for me since there's a BB reasonably close by to me, and a 6800nu for $250 with 2 of the best recent games, I just might be sold :)

Eshelmen said:

Well no link till tommorow when the deal starts. I was at BB today and they had a BFG 6800OC that also had Doom 3 in the box so you may get lucky.

I just got back from Best Buy picking up a 9600XT for my brother as a Christmas present. I looked at the BFG 6800OC while I was there - they had Doom 3 in the box and I didn't see anything about HL2 on the box so you might want to watch closely on this one.

Damn does that suck I just ordered a BFG 6800OC with farcry and I don't have HL2 yet.

My I can cancel order I don't believe it shipped yet.

draksia said:
Damn does that suck I just ordered a BFG 6800OC with farcry and I don't have HL2 yet.

My I can cancel order I don't believe it shipped yet.

If it hasn't shipped yet you MIGHT be able to. Worth a try.

Roberty said:
If it hasn't shipped yet you MIGHT be able to. Worth a try.

I ordered it from chumbo.com and it says in wharehouse so I am guessing it will ship monday. Hopefully I could catch before it does. If I have to pay restocking it will come out just about the same price.

Sweet... I very well may need to get this... I spent $1100 at BestBuy on BlackFriday and got about $145 worth of gift certificates / store credit in return.

Any word on the price before rebate or how big the rebate is?

I don't own FarCry yet, but HL2 I beat in a hurry... and BFG is not having problems with questionable inventory like the PNY deal at CompUSA, I'd rather have a BFG *any* day over a PNY.

Wait untill midnight after which bestbuy will post the weekly add and then we will know if the deal is true.

Roberty said:
I just got back from Best Buy picking up a 9600XT for my brother as a Christmas present. I looked at the BFG 6800OC while I was there - they had Doom 3 in the box and I didn't see anything about HL2 on the box so you might want to watch closely on this one.

You get the retail box for HL2 along with the video card. You might want to get there early to get a card that has Doom3 and Far Cry. I bet they will be bringing new cards out that just have Far Cry

Also the rebate is huge....$105 :eek:

PRIME1 said:
Also the rebate is huge....$105 :eek:

Damned if that isn't gettin' regular this year. I bought two different things within the last two days with the $100 rebate on each one. :( Worst thing about it was each one was two different rebates. :mad:

<taping fingers so they stayed crossed tonight> ;)
I sure hope this works, a lot of people are going to try to kill you PRIME1 if this isn't true, and if you're doing a November Fool's joke, then you are a sick, sick bastard :mad:

It's Instore ONLY to get the 6800OC, HL2 & Far Cry for $249 AR (has $105 Bundle MIR) LINK and Interactive Link

But you can get this online... It's the same deal only NO Far Cry LINK

IT'S TRUE! The weekly ad is posted, page 33. FarCry, Half-Life 2 plus BFG 6800OC for 249 AR. Hmmm can't read how much the rebate is...

Thats an awesome deal, i'm glad they have the 6800oc with HL2 only. I'm not in the process of wanting to play farcry just yet, mainly hl3, doom, wow, and city of heros.

Wow - $105 rebate, that's slick... why don't they get rid of these dumbass mail-in rebates!
I hate them with a passion unless it's like $10 then I don't mind.

I went and got mine today. I used my rewardzone card.

So how it screwed up I only got charged $240 + taxes for the card instead of 299.

That takes this deal from hot to super hot.

Get a rewardzone card if you planning to purchase this deal.

UrbN said:
Thats an awesome deal, i'm glad they have the 6800oc with HL2 only. I'm not in the process of wanting to play farcry just yet, mainly hl3, doom, wow, and city of heros.
Far Cry comes in the 6800 OC box.

I didn't think it was much fun anyways and never finished it. It's an impressive technology demo though. :p

I need this thing! $105 MIR, nice single, large check, anyone already gone to bestbuy that's seen the 6800OC box w/ D3 in it like PRIME1 said? That would be sweet to get D3, Farcry, and HL2 with a $300 card for $250!!!!!!!!!!! MUST-GET-PARENTS-TO-TAKE-ME-TO-BESTBUY-NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Total price I paid was $331.68 out the door that was with $15 off in reward zone certificates.

Mine also rang up wrong. YMMV.

sativa said:
does it cost to sign up for rewardzone?

$10

I got my first year free....and then our washer went out....We bought a new washer and dryer, I got like $75 back.

navicaph said:
So, Doom3, HL2 and Far Cry are all included?

Far Cry and HL2 are included.....Doom3 might be depending on if you get one of the older cards.

ok i'm gonna go get it.

this will add to my $80 i'm already expecting in rebates.

I just picked it up: $269.99 + $54.99 - $105MIR = $219.98AR

and another $5 (or $10 if they don't subtract the rebate :mad: ) back in rewards zone credit.

HOT!

No wonder ATI is bundling HL2 with some cards now. :p

damn for me it was $299 for the card, not $269..

still a good deal though. doom3 wasn't included in mine btw.

edit: looked at my receipt and i actually payed $269 for the card.

Just bought mine! There is a Doom3 picture on the box (ad on the box says iD software voted GeForce 6800 best performance for Doom3) but Doom 3 is not actually included.

I walked out the door (in MI) paying $345 with a GeForce 6800 OC, HL2, Far Cry, and a $105 mail in rebate.

So $240 net for the card+HL2+Far Cry.

How are you guys getting the card for $269.99 and then HL2 for $54.99? The ad I hold in my hands says $299.99 for the card. I already have HL2, so I'd probably eBay it, unless someone here wants it. :D

Back