misan-thrope
[H]ard|Gawd
- Joined
- Oct 9, 2001
- Messages
- 1,746
So I ordered one of those 124 dollar 6800LE off of newegg, at first it seemed to be working well, until I tossed it into some artificial, though helpful, benchmarks.
In 3d2001, my old R9600Pro got 13051 with some minor OC'ing, the 6800LE gets 13451 with no OC'ing. To me, I would think that the 6800 should be getting close to a 9800Pros speed.
Then I tossed it into 3d2005, it got 664. No joke, at what the max I could OC it to which was 365/775, it got 664, I never ran 2005 on my 9600pro, but judging by what other people get with similar cards, I am about 3000 points shy of what it should be getting.
I wandred into rivatuner to see what could be seen, and in the AGP section, and in the nifty little utility the card came with, it says its not using AGP, but PCI. I have no clue if this is true, but I can't seem to get Rivatuner to unlock the AGP area, tried changing the reg key it says to change, nothing. I also tried unlocked the pixel and vertex shaders, but the vertex shaders cause massive texture shimmering, and the pixel shaders just crash my computer, so no dice on that front.
So my question to you folks is, what am I doing wrong? Is this card really that slow, cause right now its no faster than my old R9600Pro.
Sys specs:
Asus Via 800 chipset, can't remember the name
A64 3200+@stock
1gig Value-Ram
XP SP1
Leadtek 6800LE@300/700, and 365/775
Forceware 78.01
In 3d2001, my old R9600Pro got 13051 with some minor OC'ing, the 6800LE gets 13451 with no OC'ing. To me, I would think that the 6800 should be getting close to a 9800Pros speed.
Then I tossed it into 3d2005, it got 664. No joke, at what the max I could OC it to which was 365/775, it got 664, I never ran 2005 on my 9600pro, but judging by what other people get with similar cards, I am about 3000 points shy of what it should be getting.
I wandred into rivatuner to see what could be seen, and in the AGP section, and in the nifty little utility the card came with, it says its not using AGP, but PCI. I have no clue if this is true, but I can't seem to get Rivatuner to unlock the AGP area, tried changing the reg key it says to change, nothing. I also tried unlocked the pixel and vertex shaders, but the vertex shaders cause massive texture shimmering, and the pixel shaders just crash my computer, so no dice on that front.
So my question to you folks is, what am I doing wrong? Is this card really that slow, cause right now its no faster than my old R9600Pro.
Sys specs:
Asus Via 800 chipset, can't remember the name
A64 3200+@stock
1gig Value-Ram
XP SP1
Leadtek 6800LE@300/700, and 365/775
Forceware 78.01