• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

6800gt

Tank33

n00b
Joined
Dec 11, 2004
Messages
16
Hey everyone. I am hoping to finish my Gaming PC on monday Janurary 3rd! I bought the Chaintech Nvidia GeForce 6800GT and have yet to install it. Just curious, how is the 6800GT working for everyone who has it?? I have heard it is a absolutely awesome Video Card, 256MB of DDR3 Memory will be nice. I have a 420 Watt PSU to handle it. Thanks!
 
Tank33 said:
Hey everyone. I am hoping to finish my Gaming PC on monday Janurary 3rd! I bought the Chaintech Nvidia GeForce 6800GT and have yet to install it. Just curious, how is the 6800GT working for everyone who has it?? I have heard it is a absolutely awesome Video Card, 256MB of DDR3 Memory will be nice. I have a 420 Watt PSU to handle it. Thanks!
Here's a tip: Try to give it it's own 12v line. Yes, I know that they all come from the same rail, but if it is hooked up 5th after a row of devices, that can't help. And some 6800 manufacturers actually recommend this.

Oh, and beware the clock throttling if you overclock. See

this thread

and

this one.

Most of the GTs will at least clock to 400MHz, which is Ultra level. But clock-throttle under load is an issue (which can be solved by altering the bios).

Also, if you are going to spend that kind of money on a card, for the love of God, get some better GPU cooling than stock! :D
 
I am not overclocking at all so I do not need anything more then stock cooling, i have 3 case fans, 2 of them being exhaust right above the Video Card, I think it will be ok right?? I might overclock to 400, but I know alot of people who have overclocked past 400 on stock cooling and are not havin any problems. Thanks everyone.
 
Back
Top