• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

6800GT Wont boot into windows

Tengis

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Jun 11, 2003
Messages
6,561
Alright, I just purchases a 6800GT from someone here on the message boards. It kicks ass... well, at least it would if I could use it.

It boots up in my 2ndary rig, but wont in my main. It stops directly before it boots into windows (I never see the Windows XP load screen). It doesnt lock up, because I can still hit ctrl + Alt + delete.
Hmm...

Whats goin on? Not my PSU, Ive tried multiple psus.
 
did you uninstall the old drivers before installing the card.

Try booting in to safe mode. Then uninstall drivers, set to standard VGA use a driver cleaner program.
 
Hrm... it just randomly booted. Im on it right now. It didnt work the first 20 times, although it would work with a geforce2, a 9800pro, and a voodoo4. =)
 
I'd power down and reseat the card then follow chrisf6969's instructions.
 
Back
Top