6800gt temps

carblow12

Limp Gawd
My temps are aroudn 61C idle and 83C load is that normal. Or should i get extra cooling. I have the BGF 6800gt OC.

now im getting like 68C idle, but what are your load temps. like check it right after u play a game.

I get 60 idle and 83 load from my GT. This is with a reference cooler, with the aluminum heatsink swapped out for a eVGA copper one.

For loading a card, the best thing to use is RTHDRIBL. Works a GPU harder than any game. I've seen it push GTs with reference coolers to 100C.

alright thnx. but it seemed when i playing bfv it was freezing for like 4 secs then it would go again. maybe i just neeed to reinstall windows.

carblow12 said:
alright thnx. but it seemed when i playing bfv it was freezing for like 4 secs then it would go again. maybe i just neeed to reinstall windows.

I had that problem only in bfv, turned out to be combination of bios and and 5.02? nforce drivers were causing the freezes.

Updated bios and nforce drivers and it went away.

XBLiNKX said:
I just ran 3dmark 2005 and check the temp right after.it was 58C

By the time you check the temp, it's gone down 5-10C. No kidding.

Use RTHDRIBL in a window. Check the temp after 15 minutes. Then, just to see what we're talking about, close RTHDRIBL with the temp panel still visible. Watch how fast it drops.

wow your right its gets as high as 73C then drops almost instantly to 63C when I pause the demo. Then slowly cools back down to about 53-54C

This is very true... I tired the suggestion and noticed that after 1/2 hour I was getting 70° load temps on my GT; the minute I paused the demo it would drop to 60.

Depends on the game for me. In Doom3 I can get up into the 80s where in FFXI or CS:S I usually stay in the 60-70s.

carblow12 said:
I have the BGF 6800gt OC.

normally I'd say that 83C under load for a GT is kinda on the high side but then again, you do have a BFG 6800 GT which usually tends to run a bit hotter no thanks to the genius who invented their fancy-schmancy copper cooler that does a worse job at cooling than the original cooler did.

My PNY 6800gt at ultra speeds is idling at 49 right now and load running RTHDRIBL at 73-74, but its pretty cool in my room right now so that might make the temps a couple degrees lower.

Back