6800gt temperatures

Yeah I get about 61c under load. Seems a bit high. But if your not noticing artifacting your probably ok.

d34dly said:
Yeah I get about 61c under load. Seems a bit high. But if your not noticing artifacting your probably ok.

61C under load? What are you using for cooling? I average 48-56C Idle (depending on room temp) and about 76-79C under load

Sorry sugmaster. That does sound pretty high if that's at idle. What are your ambient temps and cpu temp at idle?

My PNY GT idles at about 64c at 400/1.1 speeds., so it seems a tad high yeah but not completly bonkers. Outta curiosity, what's your case temp at? Maybe your card isn't getting enough airflow.

poppachocks said:
61C under load? What are you using for cooling? I average 48-56C Idle (depending on room temp) and about 76-79C under load.

Stock cooling... I am sitting here idle at 56c. Weird.

d34dly said:
Stock cooling... I am sitting here idle at 56c. Weird.

How are you measuring your at load temp? You know that once you quit a game, in the few seconds it takes to get back to the desktop, your GPU temp can drop 7-8C.

I know this has been posted here before, but run this app in a window for a few minutes and monitor your temp at the same time.

http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/rthdribl/

Eeek! I just went back to stock speeds my self and ran that demo p.c. suggested... from 62c idle to...87c at load!

Damn! Case temps here about 41c btw.

suqmaster, you should be able to get an ok readout of your case temps from the same place you see your GT's temp ('ambient' there, although that's always a few C higher than my Motherboard Monitor readout).

suqmaster said:
this is my comp

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...&lang=en&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&docname=c00068941

all I did was gave it an 430 wat truepower, by the way I'm a newb and I can't find where to measure cpu temp
I think it might be air flow prob, since hp cases are very small

You can go to the asus website and see if you can download Asus Probe (I don't know if that utility will run on an AMD motherboard , but you can check)

Any place to mount any additional case fans?

Nexnecis said:
Eeek! I just went back to stock speeds my self and ran that demo p.c. suggested... from 62c idle to...87c at load!

Damn! Case temps here about 41c btw.

Sucker heats up quick, don't it?

Nexnecis said:

Had mine at 98C load the other day. It's idling around 66 right now; I played Doom about half an hour ago, so it's had time to cool off.

Nexnecis said:
you should be able to get an ok readout of your case temps from the same place you see your GT's temp ('ambient' there, although that's always a few C higher than my Motherboard Monitor readout).

my ambient temp from gt is always like 10c higher than i know my case is...

My bfg gt oc running at 427/1100 is currently sitting at 70c. I don't though that I can call that an idle temp since my pc is in the middle of some mpeg2 encoding, but it isn't doing any gaming. Also I have pretty good case airflow and my room is kept around 74-75f.

The card is super stable at that speed though. I have played doom3 for several hours straight w/o any issues. Personally I wouldn't worry about what your temp probe says. And anybody who says they are getting sub 80C at full load, either is water cooling, has a huge desk fan pointed right at the gfx card, their temp probe is broken, they aren't measuring it while running the proper program, or they are just lieing. These gfx cards run a lot hotter than a cpu. However they can also handle the increased heat, so whocares.

d34dly said:
I still get about 68c. Not too bad.

Strange you are only getting a 7-8C swing between idle and under load.

I wonder how accurate the thermal sensors are in these cards.

poppachocks said:
Strange you are only getting a 7-8C swing between idle and under load.

I wonder how accurate the thermal sensors are in these cards.

Haha... no my idle is about 51c... so it's more of a 15c change.

I took my usless 56k pci modem out because it was blocking air to my fan. now it runs 68 c instead of 71 c

All of you with heat that high should check to make sure the heatsink is properly secured to the card. My first 6800U didn't have all of the core screws installed and that card fried from runnin at 98C.

Cybercrap has it right, these run really hot. In a cool room with 27-30 case temps at idle I get 51C idle from the gfx card with a vantec pci fan blowing on it. Load with rthdribl is 81C.
Without the pci fan and in a hot room is was 91C or so under load. But 71C is high for idle when not Oced, my guess should be 55-65C idle.

poppachocks said:
How are you measuring your at load temp? You know that once you quit a game, in the few seconds it takes to get back to the desktop, your GPU temp can drop 7-8C.

One of the joys of dual monitors. Play a game and have other programs open on the second monitor and watch all your temps. My temps are 53C idle and 71C load.

my geforce fx 5900 after i moded it into a 5950 would reach 100C 90% of time.. ran like that for a year or so.. now i got the zm80d-hp... highest it goes is upper 60s load and 32C idle now..(with no fan :D) i guess nvidia designs there cores to be able to run hot

hey guys... use rivatuner.. the graph is quite usefull.. i put rivatuner on my second monitor and keep a eye on it when i overclock.. also shows me when it decides to throttle itself

Back