• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

6800GT or x800 Pro?

erkan

Gawd
Joined
Aug 31, 2002
Messages
941
Simply, which card out of the two would be the best investment for the next coulple of years?
6800GT or x800 Pro?
HL2 and Doom3 will be played.

OH YEAH, this will be with a A64 3200+ w/ 1 gig of pc 3200.

Thanx.
 
I'd have to say....read the 10000 other threads about the same thing.






























Oh and decide for yourself, as they are both damn good cards and both will run Doom III and HL2 well.

Scott
 
lol sorry, i just saw the other billion posts, ive been gone from this forum for a while.
 
Personally I side with ATI but in this case the 6800GT was available now instead of later so I went with it, it should be here Tuesday or Wednesday. The 16 pipes and easy overclocking to ultra speeds sealed the deal for me.
 
zombie10k said:
correction. you can get an 6800GT for $399, and have it here tomorrow, OC'd to past Ultra speeds, and be chomping away at your favorite game. On the flipside, you could wait another month easy for that XT.

You show me right now where I can get a $399 6800 GT shipped to me tomorrow and I'll Paypal you $10 bux.
 
Stellar said:
You show me right now where I can get a $399 6800 GT shipped to me tomorrow and I'll Paypal you $10 bux.

go pick one up at your local frys, there are lots there.
 
www.evga.com, 6800GT's in stock. Many have got their's overnight, mine showed up next day from ordering. OC'd to 420/1150 w/out a sweat.

you owe me $10.

just kidding.
 
oozish said:
there are lots there.

Not what I hear. Closest Fry's is 80 miles each way might as well pay $20 for express shipping instead of driving, but they don't even have them on Outpost.com.
 
zombie10k said:
www.evga.com, 6800GT's in stock. Many have got their's overnight, mine showed up next day from ordering. OC'd to 420/1150 w/out a sweat.

you owe me $10.

just kidding.

Hmm, website isn't even coming up for me. :mad:
 
Stellar said:
You show me right now where I can get a $399 6800 GT shipped to me tomorrow and I'll Paypal you $10 bux.

Newegg as of yesterday morning ......but they sold out as of a couple hours ago. You can still get it for $399 with free shipping but may have to wait a week.
 
you jerks better not buy all of those up. it's my last hope to get this thing for around MSRP!! gotta purchase it later when I get my paycheck
 
I thought long and hard about the X800 Pro or the 6800GT....the reason I went with the GT is because of the extra 4 pipes (16 vs 12 on the ATI), the SM3.0 and HDR lighting support, and because the GT's overclock to Ultra speeds almost by default. In fact, mine is running at 410/1130 quite comfortably.

I think (hope) the extra 4 pipes will help later on down the road, I am not spending another $400 on a video card at least for a year...or more. :p

My "old" 9800p-->XT is going in my 5yr olds rig. His birthday present :D
 
TheRapture said:
I thought long and hard about the X800 Pro or the 6800GT....the reason I went with the GT is because of the extra 4 pipes (16 vs 12 on the ATI), the SM3.0 and HDR lighting support, and because the GT's overclock to Ultra speeds almost by default. In fact, mine is running at 410/1130 quite comfortably.

I think (hope) the extra 4 pipes will help later on down the road, I am not spending another $400 on a video card at least for a year...or more. :p

My "old" 9800p-->XT is going in my 5yr olds rig. His birthday present :D


Dude speaking of 5 year olds, I took a pic of mine using far cry to hunt a wart hog in hte river last night lol. I will post it later for hahahs when i get home from the office
 
jacuzz1 said:
Dude speaking of 5 year olds, I took a pic of mine using far cry to hunt a wart hog in hte river last night lol. I will post it later for hahahs when i get home from the office


Pretty cool, please do post it....

Kids are awesome aren't they? Mine was playing Q3A at 3yrs old, he's good enough at it now to play it on the second skill level and win...he really likes CTF.

He plays motocross madness2 on hard level and wins sometimes....and now he thinks he wants to play Far Cry..I am gonna hop it into God mode and let him go for it hahah...those AI's will own him though...he does not know "sneak"

I almost can't wait for his b-day on August 7th so I can give him his own rig, and let mine alone :eek: :D
 
TheRapture said:
Pretty cool, please do post it....

Kids are awesome aren't they? Mine was playing Q3A at 3yrs old, he's good enough at it now to play it on the second skill level and win...he really likes CTF.

He plays motocross madness2 on hard level and wins sometimes....and now he thinks he wants to play Far Cry..I am gonna hop it into God mode and let him go for it hahah...those AI's will own him though...he does not know "sneak"

I almost can't wait for his b-day on August 7th so I can give him his own rig, and let mine alone :eek: :D


It wont work dude, they want to play on yours because its yours. trust me i tried. lol
 
I put in my order for the 6800 GT from eVGA today with select shipping for $414. Thanks fellas. :cool:
 
Stellar said:
I put in my order for the 6800 GT from eVGA today with select shipping for $414. Thanks fellas. :cool:



congrates dude, you will be elated at the performance of this device
 
Stellar said:
I put in my order for the 6800 GT from eVGA today with select shipping for $414. Thanks fellas. :cool:
Same, I heard that the card from eVGA had a huge heatsink and some extra heatsinks for the ram. The x800pro isn't a bad card but I can't find a version of it with the revised heatsink.
 
blinkdev said:
Same, I heard that the card from eVGA had a huge heatsink and some extra heatsinks for the ram. The x800pro isn't a bad card but I can't find a version of it with the revised heatsink.


Yeah I was surprised to see that the massive stock heatsink gets all of the ram chips too. I wondr if I could put some better interface on the ram and gpu, something like artic silver...or does it need the thicker tape stuff they have on the ram chips...
 
blinkdev said:
Same, I heard that the card from eVGA had a huge heatsink and some extra heatsinks for the ram. The x800pro isn't a bad card but I can't find a version of it with the revised heatsink.

FYI the eVGA 6800GT uses the reference 6800GT cooler.

On the other hand, the eVGA 6800 Standard also uses the reference 6800GT cooler which is an upgrade from the reference 6800 cooler.
 
Back
Top