6800gt or 7900gt?

Phosphers

n00b
So I'm trying to decide on a new video card. I've heard great things about the 6800gt, it's reasonably priced but for around 60 bucks more I can get the 7900gt and that many more pipelines etc.

I'm kinda stuck as what to get. I'd like some "future proof"ing in the video card, but I'm also cheap and what things as quiet as possible.

Along those lines, anyone know of a good brand as far as noise is concerned? Also, do most modern cards include fan speed control and temp monitoring? I think most of them do but damned if they ever actually say it.

Get a 7900GT. So worth it. I got one from XFX, no problems what so ever and it's quiet. they all basically have the same HSF, all of which slow down when the card is idleing and spin up when it heats up.

spend the extra dough on the 7900 GT. the 7900 GT is about equal to a 7800 GTX, which is about equal to 2 6800 GTs in SLI. (all rough approximations)

no card will ever be futureproof...and $60 is like nothing...get the 7900gt

Guess I'll get the 7900gt then. I was thinking of getting the asus model from newegg, but my last asus card had a horrible fan on it. I'll probably swing by silentpcreview and see what they have to say.
Thanks guys!

hrmm..... now I wonder if I just want to grab the SLI lanparty while I'm blowing money....

id advise eVGA (Cheapest typically (atleast in Canada), Best warranty) or second, BFG

Back