saintrobyn
Gawd
- Joined
- Nov 2, 2001
- Messages
- 928
Ok, I've been playing with and building computers for years and have overclocked CPU's quite a bit but this is the first time I have ever really overclocked a video card. I am hoping some of you in the community will lend a brother a hand and answer a couple of questions for me. I have a PNY 6800GT and I have added the Coolbits hack to enable the overclocking features in the nVidia Drivers. Here are my questions.
1) Do I just need to overclock the Performance (3D) settings or should I also overclock the Standard (2D) settings under the "Clock Frequencies" Tab? I have already upped the Performance settings to Ultra Speeds 400MHz core / 1100MHz Memory and have noticed a 10FPS boost in Doom 3.
2) Should I use a different program to overclock or are the driver overclock features good enough?
3) What are safe temps after overclock? I am getting around 65 Degrees Celsius after running Doom 3 Timedemo twice. It then drops down to around 60 Degrees while in windows.
Thanks for any help that you can provide.
Saint Robyn
1) Do I just need to overclock the Performance (3D) settings or should I also overclock the Standard (2D) settings under the "Clock Frequencies" Tab? I have already upped the Performance settings to Ultra Speeds 400MHz core / 1100MHz Memory and have noticed a 10FPS boost in Doom 3.
2) Should I use a different program to overclock or are the driver overclock features good enough?
3) What are safe temps after overclock? I am getting around 65 Degrees Celsius after running Doom 3 Timedemo twice. It then drops down to around 60 Degrees while in windows.
Thanks for any help that you can provide.
Saint Robyn