6800GT Dual Monitor Question?

lost0822

Limp Gawd
I'm a newbie at hooking up dual monitors, in fact i never did it...i hooked up my old monitor with my LCD to my eVGA 6800GT, this being my first nvidia card ever, i'm not sure how to get the second monitor to work right. Any help would be great...i looked thru the cards properties but for some reason i'm not seeing what to do so that the card see
s both monitors. thanks!

Requires win2k or winXP and it should automatically detect both monitors when you boot.

ok, i got that to work now how do i put seperate desktop themes on both monitors....i can't seem to find how to do that.

What do you mean by themes?
Different wallpapers?

As for the 'actual' windows themes like Blue and Silver, I do not know of a way.

i'm sorry, yes wallpapers...i don't know how to get a different wallpaper on both monitors....right now i have the same on both. thanks

If ur trying to do it within windows there isn't a way i know of .. but if ur really into using dual monitors u can give this program a try
http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon/ It lets u set diff screen savers to diff screens as well as wallpapers, it features "smart taskbar" so your taskbar is split among the 2 monitors. i use it daily and its saved me so much time. i really suggest u give it a whirl i dont think u'll regret it.

the simple way to get split wallapapers on your monitors is just create a new wallpaper in Paint Shop Pro (or image proggie of your choice) to the full resolution. Say you have 2 monitors at 1024x768. create a new pic, 2048x768 and cut and paste two 1024 images into it. Then set your desktop wallpaper to "tile" and you are good to go.

Back