• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

6800GT/Coolbits not saving my OC

Kiersiege

n00b
Joined
Aug 19, 2004
Messages
35
I got a PNY 6800gt from compusa (along with free doom 3) today, I unlocked coolbits, pulled it down to 3d performance and did the auto-detect thing, which had me at 408/1100
...but when I click apply and then go back into the settings again, it's set back to stock speeds.


...What am I doing wrong?
 
Kiersiege said:
I got a PNY 6800gt from compusa (along with free doom 3) today, I unlocked coolbits, pulled it down to 3d performance and did the auto-detect thing, which had me at 408/1100
...but when I click apply and then go back into the settings again, it's set back to stock speeds.


...What am I doing wrong?

What about the start up check box? Did you check it?
 
Ludic said:
Known bug. Wait for next driver.


its been a bug for the last shit 4+ releases....itll hold a core OC but normally not a memory OC...use riva tuner or whatever to make it stick.
 
install rivatuner and it will unlock the overclcoking feature in the advanced settings where that panels pops out...works great..cool bits has too many bugs for my taste
 
ok I downloaded rivatuner but the overclocking stuff was greyed out. Went to the rivatuner website and it says they greyed it out to keep newbies from killing themselves :p
Now I've overclocked hardware fine before. Editting registries is a mystery to me (not really, it's just tedious and I don't like it one bit.) can someone please tell me how to unlock it, or point me to a file that unlocks it?
 
nv drivers are shit. cant save the memory overclock, ive tried multiple overclocking tools, multiple drivers. plus theres no triple buffering so plenty of tearing in games like doom3.
 
AH786 said:
nv drivers are shit. cant save the memory overclock, ive tried multiple overclocking tools, multiple drivers. plus theres no triple buffering so plenty of tearing in games like doom3.



Funny...I have no tearing in doom 3 what so ever.....
Now if you tried multiple overclocking tools and they didnt save your settings (rivatuner,powerstrip etc) why do these programs not saving your setting make the drivers shit exactly? :confused:
 
erm, ive tried 3 different overclocking programs, so its most likely the drivers at fault.

ive tried 4 different driver sets, same problem.

and doom3 tearing is only noticeable when vsync is off, its not as bad as in certain games, but its still noticeable.
 
you can force triple buffering with nv card no? with a registry hack if i remember correctly.
use vsync + tb
 
Back
Top