• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

6800gt BFG vs. eVGA?

Nate Finch

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 5, 2005
Messages
298
I'm looking into a 6800gt, and I'm wondering what brand to buy. I've heard many good things about BFG, but they're always more expensive than pretty much any other brand. eVGA is almost always lower priced than any other brand. Is there a serious quality difference?

Oh yeah, it'll be PCI-E, btw, and in a fairly top-end system (DFI Lanparty, 4000+ San Diego, 2Gb Corsair, etc), in case that matters.

-Nate
 
I have a BFG, but both are very good brands. Go with the cheapest.
The stock Blue LED fan (the one with two 40mm fans) on the BFG one isn't very good. Not only is it loud, but it doesn't cool very well either. All in all it's a very poorly engineered design. The only thing good about it, is it's flashy looks. Other than that it's sub-par even to the Nvidia reference cooler on the eVGA, XFX, MSI, etc. Which is why I'm buying a Zalman VF700ALCU within the next month or so. I'll actually be able to keep my computer on all night again, haha.
 
I prefer the cooler design of the eVGA card. As stated by the last poster. The BFG cooler just sucks in my opinion.
 
Only reason I see to go with BFG is there lifetime warranty.
 
I just ordered the 6800GT from eVGA and it was an excellent deal. If you register the card, you can get a 2 year warranty. Sure BFG has a lifetime, but how long are most people going to keep the card? probably not more than 3 years...
the eVGA has excellent quality. I have been researching it for a while and i haven't been able to find anyone who had a really bad experience with one. BFG is great too, but more expensive. if $$$ matters at all to you, go with eVGA.
newegg has it for 359, and tiget direct has it for 339 after a $20 rebate.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1211889&CatId=0
 
Back
Top