6800GT artifacting stock (PICS)

d34dly

2[H]4U
Yeah I know thia might have been addressed before but I can't seemto fix this and it's driving me nuts...

This one happenes a LOT. Only it does it worse than the pic, it's just hard to catch.

shot0086x.jpg

This next one happened after som strange flickering. Stayed like this until I restarted the comp...

shot0012.jpg

shot212.jpg

HELP!!!

Woah, awesome artifacts on that soldier! I'd keep it like that! Makes the game look more festive.

OriginalReaper said:
did you use driver cleaner in safe mode?

Yup... cleaned out all the ATI drivers. This only started happening about 1 month after I got the card.

I had similar problems with my XT PE playing Far Cry on High settings. Only on certain levels. No solution found after extensive tweaking, driver changes etc...

thevampirelord66 said:
yeha you definitly have to RMA that.

I can see the RMA form now !!

Reason for RMA :- Unoffical hardware implemented Bad Hawian Shirt mod......

I would try a backup, reformat, and reinstall of windows and then install latest nvidia WHQL official drivers before the RMA.

Atleast do a driver cleaner 3, safe boot clean, and re install of drivers and try some alternate ones. This repaired my problems which were the artifiicats I was experiencing. Good luck and don't give up too easily.

is it possibly an XFX 6800 GT? i recently had to return the one i got from work, and got a MSI one, HIGHLY reccommended(435/1.21!)

DecimatorXX said:
is it possibly an XFX 6800 GT? i recently had to return the one i got from work, and got a MSI one, HIGHLY reccommended(435/1.21!)

No it's the BFG.

Back