• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

6800GT --> 1950Pro AGP

dajet24

2[H]4U
Joined
Jun 23, 2004
Messages
2,296
Ok I happen to be stuck in the socket 754 era. I have the system in my sig
amd 64 3200 and a 6800GT AGP 2gig ram etc

well recent games Oblivion, NWN2, etc are runnign ok but not great. I also have a acer 24inch montior so native res is a bit harsh on the card in some games.

Now i really want to wait on socket am2 + and k8l to be honost so looking at a late summer system overhaul. Wondering how peopel who have gone from agp 6800gt to the 1950Pro agp have fared.

was the change worth the $250?

I wanna hold off and spend that 250 on my next machine this summer but to be honost iam finding myself feeling cheate din some great games lately playing them at ok res and settings but not getting a fare experience visioualy etc.

So basically to those in my situation who have made the change was it worth it I mean night and day worth it ?

thanks
 
I went from a 6800gt BFG and the difference is huge. Where I was getting oh say 15 to 25fps in Oblivion Im now croozin at between 45 and 65fps. Playing HL2 at 100to 150fps I know thats sounds wild but thats what ATI tool tray says it is. Doom3 has never looked more incredible. Only thing I havent been able to get running is Quake4 strange that Doom3 runs well but Quake4 just explodes.

Im using a 21inch monitor and its great.

I want to wait till all the beta testing for vista is done and vista is either a go or another ME .. then Ill upgrade to pci-e and all the new stuff that vista demands.

was it worth the 250. absolutely. Gaming is much more fun, smoother, and the visuals will make your heart fall out of your chest. Thinking Anvil at sunset.

NOW.. thats all the good parts.. now the bad... Had to get a new powersupply. No biggie it was many years old and was due. Had to rma one card. Not fun. Finally with the combination of Omega drivers the new power supply the system and video appears to be rock solid. DO read up especially here many helpful threads.

but with all the problems yes, still worth it.
 
Back
Top