6800 XT Midnight Black

MrC4

[H]ard|Gawd
Anyone get lucky this morning at 9 am EST and pick this up? Still hard to believe AMD is offering cards at list price during these crazy times.

I missed it, didn't see the discord notification.

AMD is doing this on the pretense that their product is actually $649 instead of the ~$1000 MSRP being charged.

Reactions: MrC4
like this
AMD is doing this on the pretense that their product is actually $649 instead of the ~$1000 MSRP being charged.
You do understand that AMD has no control over AIB and Etail pricing, right? If fact, here in the USA and many other countries, it is ILLEGAL for AMD to try and control retail prices. I do know this, these cards could be sold at MSRP and the AIBs and etailers could still make margin.

You do understand that AMD has no control over AIB and Etail pricing, right? If fact, here in the USA and many other countries, it is ILLEGAL for AMD to try and control retail prices. I do know this, these cards could be sold at MSRP and the AIBs and etailers could still make margin.
I'm aware Nvidia/AMD can't dictate AIB pricing.

The fact that Amazon and Best Buy can sell cards somewhat close to original MSRP (+15% tariff) is a testament to that.

Tried today to snag one. Had page up 10 min before. Sadly even with spamming F5 the add to cart never showed for me. FML. These sell out so quickly it feels like they're only putting 20 out at a time.

Nice edition for 6800XT, we will see if AMD can pick up the sales on their site.

I'm aware Nvidia/AMD can't dictate AIB pricing.

The fact that Amazon and Best Buy can sell cards somewhat close to original MSRP (+15% tariff) is a testament to that.
So what is your point about AMD's "pretense" on price?

Pics or shens.

And the price is just a pretense.
The pic would make some upset, not only did I get a 6800xt, I got a 6900xt too.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2021-04-08 12-29-52.png
    Screenshot from 2021-04-08 12-29-52.png
    47.9 KB · Views: 0
Tried today to snag one. Had page up 10 min before. Sadly even with spamming F5 the add to cart never showed for me. FML. These sell out so quickly it feels like they're only putting 20 out at a time.

I was able to get it into the cart, go to check out, then the website died hard. I got banned refreshing on checkout.

I was able to get it into the cart, go to check out, then the website died hard. I got banned refreshing on checkout.
that shit happened to alot of people, I panicked when the 6800xt was in my cart and couldn't get past the 503's, then the 6900xt came up and I added it and was able to get through, but it was at every turn, next, 503, next, 503, check out 503. Web site is set up like shit. They need a better protection process for sure. the captial is a I'm a human checkbox, really that's it?

Why would they tho? They are not a charity.

So what is your point about AMD's "pretense" on price?
My point of the price bring pretentious is that it's unobtainable by the majority of the user base. Does it exist? Yes. Do some people get it at that price? Yes. Is it available for the bulk use case? No. I'd wager that the vast majority of Radeon RX 6xxx cards being shipped are not the reference models and at far higher ASP's.

Back