6800 -> x800

|MaguS|

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 6, 2004
Messages
1,934
I currently got a 6800GT (got it at Ultra Speeds) and while I like it, I HATE nvidia's driver support. I don't know why people said they had a great support when they release drivers every 3 or so months with many issues still not fixed.

Well to the point is, Im looking to go back to ATI and get a x800XT PE, Has anyone ever used both and noticed a difference? Which one gives an overall smoother game performance? I don't care about reaching high FPS rather then getting a better average FPS.

My main games that I play now are Everquest 2 and Call of Duty, sometimes I throw in some UT or CS:S.
 
I just switched from a 6800GT to an X800XTPE (paid $514 new) and its like night and day with EQ2. No more stutter, no more flashing water and runs just overall much better. In other games, i dont really see much of a difference, but i play EQ2 a lot so that was important to me. Cat 5.2 drivers are great too - i was frustrated as well by Nvidia and their driver policy; seemed a new beta comes out every 5 mins but none of the EQ2 problems were ever fixed.
 
Cat 5.2 drivers are buggy garbage.

Anyway, general consensus is that the newer ATI cards > *, and have much better performance at higher resolutions with high AA/AF.
 
Well, 5.2s fixed the overdrive issue i had with my card and they work in the games i play without issue.
 
When my XT PE died in Dec, I bought an eVGA 6800U to replace it. Well, it kinda sucked I thought. At high res with AA/AF it didn't feel as smooth as my XT PE had. So, I flashed it to UEE. It STILL didn't feel very good. I sold it and bought an X800XT. Problem solved.

Then my XT PE came back from RMA a few days ago. It's like being in heaven. :D
 
Get an X800XT, then OC it (with an arctic silencer) to X850XT-PE

X850XT-PE>680ultra in terms of smoothness (less frame jumping, even IF an ultra has a higher avg rate, it seems to jump around framerates more, liek from 20-60-12-75-22)

At least my friends is like that, and his compyter is brand-spanking new (Like a week ago he got it)
 
Back
Top