• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

6800 Ultra Nvidia Drivers?

Hexus0

Gawd
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
590
I just recently purchased my BFG 6800 Ultra, and I was wondering which drivers would be better for HL2? I've tried the ones that came with my BFG 6800 Ultra and I was playing CS:S at 1280x1024 4xAA 8xAF and I got around 20-100 FPS on de_dust. I tried the 71.89 Drivers on Nvidia's websites and I tried the stress test and recieved of an average of 100FPS. I'm really just worried about when it goes to 20-40FPS it lags the game and gets kind of annoying when I'm trying to play. I've seen a lot of drivers like the Forcewares and the XG, but I don't know what they are or where to download them? Are those drivers any different then the one on Nvidia's site? Also is there any program where I can monitor the temperature of my video card?

My specs are:
Antec Neopower 480W
AMD 64 3200+
MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum
1GB Dual Channel Corsair XMS PC3200 (I wasn't running in dual channel when I did the stress test because I didn't place the ram in the wrong slots, could this affect my FPS?)
74GB Raptor
BFG 6800 Ultra

Edit: I remember there was a thread that had a graph and a list of drivers and how they did in games like HL2/CS:S/D3, I tried to search for it but I couldn't find it, does anyone have a link to the thread by any chance?
 
thats insane, I have almost the exact same setup...just posted a very similar thread in main video card section...

I also get 100+ fps, but can drop down to 40 at times...gets very aggravating.

my sys specs:


neo4 plat
3500+ winchester
bfg 6800 ultra
1 gig corsairram

if there are alternative drivers, I would love to test them out.

another question why we are on the topic of BFG ultras...can I "unlock" the pipes and speed it up anymore?
 
for cs:s...I found the 73.00 to be the fastest most stable...I used the 76.4X's and XG's 71.89.....the 73.00 was the fastest for me.
 
Back
Top