6800 Ultra In stock at the egg.......

ouch! I hope this isn't the trend. Usually Newegg is one of the cheapest places around. I was hoping with performance this close the pricewars would be better, this isn't a good sign.

I have a feeling its not directly neweggs doing, more like chaintech trying to capitilize on the fact that they got the first cards there...... But who knows, could be egg tryin to rape peeps for the extra $100

I'm definately not buying one at that damn price........

Oh reread first post, added in the 6800 Nu linkage as well.

:LOL: what a rip off. It doesn't even have a decent bundle like the LeadTek A400 TDH (4 full games incl Pandora Tomorrow and Prince of Persia) which sells for $50 cheaper MSRP (pricewatch: around $310 shipped). The LeadTek is already available, too.

pxc said:
:LOL: what a rip off. It doesn't even have a decent bundle like the LeadTek A400 TDH (4 full games incl Pandora Tomorrow and Prince of Persia) which sells for $50 cheaper MSRP (pricewatch: around $310 shipped).

Yep it is a ripoff, and your right there have been some Nu 128 meg cards around for a few days too.

:(

if you notice the eggs trend any new card that comes out thats hard to get is usually always 100$ more.

Filter said:
if you notice the eggs trend any new card that comes out thats hard to get is usually always 100$ more.
blasphemy! ;)

I don't have much <3 for newegg. I ordered a motherboard and CPU this morning and I have doubts I'll get it this week -- and I'm less than 30 miles away. 3 of 4 of the the orders I placed (in stock) took a week.

Out of stock! People bought it at $599. Newegg.com has REALLY irritated me with the price gouging as of late. Yes, I have an Econ degree so I understand the laws of supply and demand. However, I also have an extensive marketing background. Newegg's actions are not those of a company following a true customer-centric model. Oh well.

I knew somebody would buy em, remind me to go to there houses and beat them to death with a monitor cord. :D (then take the card)

It isn't newegg's fault if people WANT to shell out $600 for that stuff, some people are just idiots.

you guys make it sound like it is just newegg doing this, almost everyone is doing this price gouging on the new vid cards. the only exceptions I can think of are Bestbuy, compusa (who both are pricing at MSRP) and gateway, (whose x800xts are $435)

drewb99 said:
It isn't newegg's fault if people WANT to shell out $600 for that stuff, some people are just idiots.

Well if they have money to burn, they must be happy idiots. On the other hand, it doesn't help the pricewars if people are scooping these highend cards up at these prices. Why would they sell them for cheaper?

Merlin45 said:
you guys make it sound like it is just newegg doing this, almost everyone is doing this price gouging on the new vid cards. the only exceptions I can think of are Bestbuy, compusa (who both are pricing at MSRP) and gateway, (whose x800xts are $435)

Has anyone really gotten the 800xt at $435?

AACI_CIO said:
Out of stock! People bought it at $599. Newegg.com has REALLY irritated me with the price gouging as of late. Yes, I have an Econ degree so I understand the laws of supply and demand. However, I also have an extensive marketing background. Newegg's actions are not those of a company following a true customer-centric model. Oh well.
i absolutely agree, i stopped shopping there when the x800pro came out, $475? its not about the money, its about principle

bobmanfoo said:
i absolutely agree, i stopped shopping there when the x800pro came out, $475? its not about the money, its about principle

where did you get your x800pro from? How has your experience been so far?

somebody tell me wtf that green ball is on the pictures page. i mean...im lookin at it, and its kinda freakin me out or somthin :eek:

lol

Just pre-order the damned things from Best Buy or GameEve, I mean you would have to be an idiot to pay an extra $100 simply becuase you can't wait a week [they're shipping the 28th].

creedAMD said:
Hmm. they do have the x800pro in stock, weren't these pretty hard to get ahold of too?

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-102-375&depa=0

gotta love that price, 496 bucks. you cant beat that kind of sale these days

:D

and for the 3rd time.............
wtf.gif

Bad_Boy said:
somebody tell me wtf that green ball is on the pictures page. i mean...im lookin at it, and its kinda freakin me out or somthin :eek:

lol

monitor cleaning device, chaintech has been handing them out for a while now with their older cards.

drewb99 said:

Don't be jealous, no need to call people who have money to spend, idiots.

You know there is not much these days that can make you feel any better about paying 499.00 for a top of the line video card. Except of course someone posting a link to a vid card that's 599.00 ;)

CIWS said:
You know there is not much these days that can make you feel any better about paying 499.00 for a top of the line video card. Except of course someone posting a link to a vid card that's 599.00 ;)

Oh there are going to be some feelings hurt on that one. lol.

Early card markups is common. The people who pay it are dumb none the less but I remember this crap happening with almost all releases of new cards.

yeah ive never seen that before, not with any card lol. it has to be from outer space or somthing ;x

creedAMD said:
you've never seen a hacky sack? Little ball with beads in it? Hit around on your knee/foot?

yeah, but who cleans monitors with a hacky sack? the green ball that looks like a green rock in the newegg picture just weird to me thats all lol

hacky sacks or rocks + video cards = :eek:

$600 for a video card?

you've got to be sh*ttin' me..... thats freakin' nuts.

and here I thought paying $400 for a video card was crazy and now I see this...

LMAO, I was just about to ask the same question about the green ball thingy. That's funny stuff.

creedAMD said:
Has anyone really gotten the 800xt at $435?

I bought my XT for $434.99 at CDW, I just haven't received it yet. I have received the confirmation email regarding that price.

agar said:
I bought my XT for $434.99 at CDW, I just haven't received it yet. I have received the confirmation email regarding that price.

Dayum!! What's the lowest price seen for the 6800u?

Even overpriced at $600 NewEgg managed to sell out their stock within 20 mins or so heh, they are all gone.

Vagrant Zero said:
Just pre-order the damned things from Best Buy or GameEve, I mean you would have to be an idiot to pay an extra $100 simply becuase you can't wait a week [they're shipping the 28th].

GameVE is price gouging as well. They're charging $600 for an MSI 6800 Ultra preorder.

Back