• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

6800 Ultra - Dual DVI Problems

Fuzzb

Weaksauce
Joined
Jan 21, 2004
Messages
94
Hey folks, I just got a BFG 6800 Ultra OC and the only reason I went for the Ultra over the GT was for the dual DVI feature that will let me connect my two Dell 2001FPs digitally.

Anyway, last night I mistakenly hooked up my primary display to the secondary DVI port on the card. This was no bad thing because it brought an issue to my attention. Everytime I open a window containing lots of white the monitor keeps switching on and off, e.g. when I open Outlook 2003 or open My Computer full screen. In windowed mode both of these are fine and don't cause the problem to occur.

Every other time the text goes fuzzy and the colours look washed out, which leads me to think that the monitor is switching between DVI-A (analogue) and DVI-D (digital). Now I'm not sure if the 2001FP even supports a DVI-A connection over the DVI-I interface, so someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Now, I then switched the connections so that my primary display was on the primary DVI port on the 6800, and bam - the problems went away.

I have tried several driver sets to no avail, and the issue is apparent even in VGA mode with no driver installed so I'm quite positive it is not a driver issue.

Has anyone else encountered any problems like this, and have you found a solution? I can't even open my emails on my secondary display without the LCD switching modes every second or so.

Thanks for any help :)

Lee
 
i myself i have dual 2001 and running off 9800 pro. i dont have a dual dvi capable card... I do want want bad ! cuz comparing the dvi and vga out is night and day.

one time i was playing around with the monitors....look at the dvi inputs carefully.. it caught my attention that both the dvi ports looked different on the dells..

one had the 4 pins on the left side with the tongue in the middle....the other monitor just had the tongue...but the 4 pins on left were missing. when i tried the dvi connect on each...it did look the same... I do wish i had dual dvi to test this.

i hope dell is not using sub standard dvi ports on this monitor or i'd be pissed !

i will do some research on this when i get back home.

http://www.datapro.net/techinfo/dvi_info.html#Page02

look up all info on DVI.


do check that.
 
Back
Top