6800 ultra. are there differences between the two agp vs pci-e versions?

i am buying a evga 6800 ultra pci-e ultra tomorrow (end of the month), what i want to know is if there are differences between the two agp & pci-e versions? more questions, what are the pci-e slot and agp slot specs? what do you think about the evga pci-e 6800u card? would you buy a x850 xt pe pci-e or a 6800 ultra pci-e (i don't want to know why! :mad: )

:)

the main difference between the AGP and PCI-e versions of the 6800ultra is that the PCI-e version has a bridge chip, and also SOME manufacturers are making the stock speeds 425/1000 on the PCI-e as opposed to 400/1000 on the AGP.

For all practical purposes, there really is no performance difference between the two variants and any differences in benchmarks would probably be due to the difference in chipsets.

as for which i'd buy, 6800ultra or x850... well, I have a 6800gt right now and it kicks ass. I'd buy an x850 if i were going to upgrade since ... oh you don't want to know why. nvm :D

thank you. i seen benchmarks showing the 6800u is still faster than the x850xt pe. i got cash to buy one or the other, i think the 6800u is a more solid buy, do you agree?

caracaovazio said:
thank you. i seen benchmarks showing the 6800u is still faster than the x850xt pe. i got cash to buy one or the other, i think the 6800u is a more solid buy, do you agree?
I aint an ATI !!!!!! (infact I pref nvidia) and I aint trying to start a flame, but with the point about the benchmarks, it really depends on who's testing the cards and what programs they're using. Imo the 6800u still is a better buy unless you were gunna mod out the x850 (can u voltmodd the x850 as much as the x800 xt pe?)

caracaovazio said:
It really depends on what games you play... both cards are very solid and will not disappoint. ATI'x x850 is faster in most games by a small margin, but the 6800ultra kicks ass in OpenGL (Doom3) and perfomance can be nearly doubled in SLI. It's really a matter of personal preference and brand loyalty, but golly this isn't getting to be a familiar topic...

Back