• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

6800 SLI Watercool block

Elias said:
and heavy, from the looks of it. But really cool

Yeh as you can see its got an arm that screws onto the end of one of the slots for support... neat.
 
Actually I think the cooling solution is crap, two Alphacool Nexxos on seperate loops are much better IMHO.

14534400_big.jpg


dfi_cube_02.jpg


00571.jpg
 
Why do you think the Innovatek block doesnt cool well? The Innovatek block does a pretty good job of cooling. I have one, and it cools pretty well. They simply stacked two on top of each other. A single block is about $130, wonder how much the double block will be.

Using two seperate blocks could be a bother for tubing routing.
 
fallguy said:
Why do you think the Innovatek block doesnt cool well? The Innovatek block does a pretty good job of cooling. I have one, and it cools pretty well. They simply stacked two on top of each other. A single block is about $130, wonder how much the double block will be.

Using two seperate blocks could be a bother for tubing routing.

Why are water blocks so much more expensive than a regular heatsink? It seems like there is less to them than a full heatsink.
 
Well, there is a lot more hardware to the GPU+RAM blocks. If you compare just a GPU block, to a CPU block, the CPU blocks are usually more expensive.
 
The Innovatek block is good, but I think it´s not the best waterblock for the NV40, one reason for this is the material (all alloy and only a small copper core, right?) and a full copper block should perform better, but I have no idea how much better. I do think you need a very good kit to actually notice the difference between both.

I personally would never run an SLI system in a single loop, the way that the 2nd card card gets the hot water, but I´m picky when it comes to things like this. I´d rather spend some more money so that both cards get equal cooling.

I think waterblocks are more expensive because the demand is lower for them, and I´d say producing them is a tad bit more expensive as well.
 
Back
Top