• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

6800 overclock always goes back to default....:(

erkan

Gawd
Joined
Aug 31, 2002
Messages
941
Everytime I set the memory on my Geforce 6800 GT to 1.05-1.1, after I reboot it goes back to 1.0. The core stays overclocked for some reason. The card can take the over clock too, it will run at 425/1.1 just fine( 3d mark 03 ), but after I restart it resets its self. Im using coolbits. Whats going on here!? :confused: Thnx! :)
 
Try RivaTuner or Powerstrip instead. CoolBits doesn't want to hold overclocks very well in these new drivers.
 
use coolbits to find yoru highest OC then use riva tuner or powerstrip to keep it in place.
For whatever reason coolbits is being stupid and wont hold it no matter what.
 
Visable-assassin said:
use coolbits to find yoru highest OC then use riva tuner or powerstrip to keep it in place.
For whatever reason coolbits is being stupid and wont hold it no matter what.

Exactly what i found. I installed rivatuner, used it once, uninstalled, now coolbits will hold setting on reboot.

Enjoy
 
erkan said:
Which one is better? Rivatuner or Powerstrip?

I prefer RivaTuner.

Toad21 said:
Exactly what i found. I installed rivatuner, used it once, uninstalled, now coolbits will hold setting on reboot.

Thats because even though you uninstalled RivaTuner it didn't remove its registry changes.
 
burningrave101 said:
I prefer RivaTuner.



Thats because even though you uninstalled RivaTuner it didn't remove its registry changes.


you used to be able to just copy and paste the value in the krusty key and paste it intot he bart key...however ont hese newer drivers I cant fine they keys...like they just disappeared...oh well :p
My only gripe with the new driver is when I do a shift+delete some fuckin error pops up about not being able to create a NV panel or some shit....annoyed me to the point i reverted back to the 56.64's :eek:
 
There's a work-around for this that works just fine. I was having the same problem until I found the solution at the anandtech forums. Here's the order you should follow:

Go to clock frequencies page
Set the values to what you want manually, do not do "detect optimal settings"
Click "test new settings"
Once the test completes, check "apply on startup"
Click Apply
You should get a disclaimer box that says you've chosen to apply settings beyond manufacturer specs...blah blah, click ok, then ok again.
Your settings remain after you reboot.

If you don't get the disclaimer box after clicking apply, it's not taking it and you'll have to start again. I know it's crazy, but it works fine for me and many others at anandtech.
 
It also depends on what drivers you have. I have the same problem sometimes even when I follow what was posted on Anandtech forums. I heard it was a problem with some of the beta dirvers.
 
Alright, someone showed me a trick for getting the clock speeds to stick in the 6x.xx series drivers.

Go to Clock Frequencies -> Set the 3D clock that you want -> Switch to 2D settings -> Switch back to 3D settings -> Test Changes -> Make sure the "Apply these settings at startup" box is ticked -> Click Apply

It should hold now when you reboot.
 
If I use RivaTuner to change the mem and core speed, will the speed be independently verifiable via coolbits? Or is there another easier way to confirm that RivaTuner is doing things right and/or as advertised?

I installed Rivatuner this morning and found that it defaulted to the wrong memory speed for my card. It jacked it up to 1.1Ghz without me even telling it to do so.

Thanks,

H
 
Hurin said:
If I use RivaTuner to change the mem and core speed, will the speed be independently verifiable via coolbits? Or is there another easier way to confirm that RivaTuner is doing things right and/or as advertised?

Whatever speed you set in RivaTuner will be the same speed set in CoolBits. They use the same registry string in the nVidia drivers.
 
Back
Top