6800/GT/Ultra PCIe sightings?

matt9669

Limp Gawd
I'm sure I'm not the only one on these forums looking to do an SLI setup, but I'm not keen on dual 6600's, and 6800's in PCIe format seem to be rare/expensive at the moment. So I thought I'd start an official sightings thread - here's the best I've found so far:

MSI 6800 256MB PCIe - $340
eVGA 6800GT PCIe - $449
Same as above - $445

And I don't see a price on a 6800 Ultra PCIe anywhere that isn't absurd . . . but those with keen eyes, prove me wrong!!

Both of the PCI-E 6800GT's you listed are for pre order. The one on Monarch computers even says: "ETA: 12-29-04"

Yeah thatz all I could find also. Although there are two more 6800 GT PCI Express from Gameve.com. One from XFX and another from eVGA.

Lee Enfield said:
Both of the PCI-E 6800GT's you listed are for pre order. The one on Monarch computers even says: "ETA: 12-29-04"
At least Monarch would probably honor their Pre-Orders, unlike Buy.com!

Limit 1 only for Monarchcomputers will turn off alot of SLI buyers which is the only reason why people would wait after christmas to get PCI-Express video cards.

Edit.

Just ordered two GTs off of http://www.pcpartsleader.com

Changed my mind and went with the ones off of new egg the MSI 6800 NU PCI express. I only had so much money to do this upgrade with and droping down to the Non Ultra made more sense to me, so that I could swing the Dell 2005. Eventhough they are only 12 pipelines apiece they are still 256 mb and I have read they the get a decent over clock. For me it is just not having it but building the system and working out the bugs. Besides who wants a stable system that you don't have to work on for a couple months to get running right :D

I agree with BigGreen - if I could get 2 6800 GT's at their AGP price, it wouldn't be such a big deal. But $500/card? For a 6800GT?

matt9669 said:
I agree with BigGreen - if I could get 2 6800 GT's at their AGP price, it wouldn't be such a big deal. But $500/card? For a 6800GT?

As I edited above, sorry the for bad post originally, to many purchases going on at one time, order now cancel when you decide what you are really doing. I want to build the system, like when I got into A64 last year about this time, you pay more to get it first. All the people I have told how great this stuff is, are finally getting into it now that is mainstream. Many don't enjoy it but I do enjoy trying to figure out why my machine is crashing at the worst possible times.

with the new 512 samsung ram announced i think its impractical to think about doing a sli setup anytime soon unless they make it so different cards can be sli'd like a 6800 ultra and a next gen card with 512 ram (which would be hella cool)

Back