• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

6800 GT Power Supply

usernameo1

n00b
Joined
Aug 5, 2004
Messages
33
power noob here...

The specs for the eVGA 6800 GT I picked up say it needs it's own 12v supply "which is connected to nothing else in the system".

Now the only spare 12v connection I have coming from the power supply is the one on this cord. This is how the cord comes out directly from the PS so I didn't split any of the connectors or anything. I'm great FPS while gaming but getting lots of pauses and artifacting so I'm wondering if it's a power problem going to the card.

Supply.jpg


Power supply is a 380w Antec TruePower.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.
 
yep you have 2 other devices on the same rail. (rail means one set of wiers coming out of the psu). Is there another rail that is coming out of your psu?
 
I didn't know that mattered? lol.

How can you tell which cord is which rail?
 
I've got 2 coming out of the PSU. One is the one I'm using in that pic and the other is the set I use for my 2 hard drives. This sucks man, like any major PSU maker is gonna make a dedicated line that's aimed for the middle of the mobo...
 
that looks alrite.
I am using my old enermax 425watt with 2 optical drives and 2 for the 6800 ultra , all in one rail.
Never have a single problem
 
whatever you do, do NOT share the same power source line from your hard drives(s) to your GT.
 
Back
Top