• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

6800 GT desktop image quality?

Joined
Jan 31, 2004
Messages
6
Like many people, I switched to ATI last year and have a 9800 Pro in both my PC and my mac.

One big difference I found btwn my new Ati cards and my old geforce4 cards was that fine text, especially at high resolutions (1600x1200), in browser windows or control palettes was much sharper with better contrast with the Ati cards.

Now that the next gen is here, I am considering switching back to Nividia (I do prefer their drivers) but am concerned that I'll lose some of that clarity when I do.

Can anyone comment on the quality of the 2D desktop output of the new 6800 cards compared to those from Ati?

tia,

rhogue
 
The old filters on the pre TI series were crap. The TI series and up should be on par with Ati cards and some even say that digital vibrance gives the nvidia cards the advantage.

or were the TI series bad in 2d as well?
 
Back
Top