680 Temps

murkris118

Limp Gawd
Hey guys, I was wondering if my card temps are good or bad. My 680 idles at around 35 degrees when I first switch on the system but whenI finish playing a game for sometime the temps never dip fast, takes a long time to go down. I have a phantom 410 with very good air flow with 2 SP 80`s and AF 120`s inside as intake and exhaust. My temps during gaming at 70% fan speed is around 70 degrees and my card idles at 45 degrees after a brief gaming session. I presume this is too high?. Shouldn`t the cards temp be lower during idle?. I presumed that the DCUII cooler was very efficient in maintaining a low temp. I have to mention that I live in a very hot country and the summer temps are aroud 36-37 degrees in the afternoon. I never get these temps during winter. Please help!...

thats a bit high for just one card but nothing to be concerned about.

Since you're running the card at overclocked speeds, temperatures seem fine to me. At 1320 boost, most cards on air will start to get hot, so you need to up the fan speed to keep it cool.

You have nothing to worry about.

Your temp are totally fine and good... Specially for a Core and memory OC.. My 660ti card never on games like crysis 3,farcry3,maxpayne3 reach 60-65celsius.. On games like RE6, dead space 3, diablo 3, it reach 40-45celsius.. And always idling at 25-27celsius. After long session of gaming it took like 1min to get cold again and reach 25-27 on idle.. Sometimes when is the roomambient cold it get 22 at idle... I have to mentiont that my card on high intensive gpu games get auto core overclocked even more the factory OC my default clock is 1046mhz boost 1124 but get auto OC to 1254mhz. In some cases 1300mhz..

I was getting some high temperatures on idle and load, so I put in a side slotted fan. It's quiet and got the temperature down.

they can handle 105 but they start to downclock at 70

not if given volts are right, they do that with 1,15 = 1,175 real

mines with modded bios 1,215 = 1,244 load even at 86C+ air on a bench session dont downclock

Hey guys, I was wondering if my card temps are good or bad. My 680 idles at around 35 degrees when I first switch on the system but whenI finish playing a game for sometime the temps never dip fast, takes a long time to go down. I have a phantom 410 with very good air flow with 2 SP 80`s and AF 120`s inside as intake and exhaust. My temps during gaming at 70% fan speed is around 70 degrees and my card idles at 45 degrees after a brief gaming session. I presume this is too high?. Shouldn`t the cards temp be lower during idle?. I presumed that the DCUII cooler was very efficient in maintaining a low temp. I have to mention that I live in a very hot country and the summer temps are aroud 36-37 degrees in the afternoon. I never get these temps during winter. Please help!...

Did replace the factor default TIM with MX 4 Icy diamond? I got a nice drop when I changed my TIM for my video cards.

Did replace the factor default TIM with MX 4 Icy diamond? I got a nice drop when I changed my TIM for my video cards.

Well you void the warranty by doing that and mine is a brand new card no thanks!....

Well you void the warranty by doing that and mine is a brand new card no thanks!....

No, you won't void your warranty by removing the heatsink and replacing the TIM.

Been verified by Asus reps before. Its the first thing I do when I get an Asus card (or any card for that matter) and never had any problems with RMA's.

i have a friend that was having even higher temps on his 680 and immediatly went to water and found that the block he was usuing was very restrictive, i will see what block that was and what his stock cooler temps were so you know;.;.. He's now trying to upgrade his watercooling system due to the restrictive blocks. But like the otehr people are saying those temps aren't too bad or enough to really worry, i also agree to take a looka t he real voltage, ialso know someone that talked about undervolting the card just a bit to get some heat savings

I've got the same card with the DCUII cooler. Here are some temps I got after playing 20 minutes of Crysis 3 and how long it took it to reach back down to starting idle temps. This is with stock clocks.

Ambient Room Temp - About 18C
Idle - 36C
Load - 70C Fan at 44%

1 Min after load - 53C
2 Min after load - 47C
3 Min after load - 44C
4 Min after load - 42C
5 Min after load - 40C
6 Min after load - 40C
7 Min after load - 39C
8 Min after load - 39C
9 Min after load - 38C
13 Min after load - 37C
24 Min after load - 36C

Last edited:
Well I guess my temps seem to be ok then. My rooms ambient temp is twice that around 37 degrees so its natural the card will become hot. I just hoped my temps would be much lesser with good air flow in my case. I also have a side fan fitted as a GPU exhaust.

I should also point out my results where with the stock fan profile. Which when it hits about 50c it turns down to 10% speed. If you want your card to cool off quicker. You could make a custom profile that runs the fan at higher speeds while its in the 40c range.

I should also point out my results where with the stock fan profile. Which when it hits about 50c it turns down to 10% speed. If you want your card to cool off quicker. You could make a custom profile that runs the fan at higher speeds while its in the 40c range.

Also a fan cooler in the front of the card blowing air help a lot... With my corsairC70 case all the cards tested are betwen 8 and 15C degrees cooler... For the 2 cooler masters sickeflow 2000RPM mounted on the both HDD cages...

You don't void the warranty. You will void if you do some physical damage to the video card. There are built in safety measures on the video card that will shut down or throttle down the video card if you hit the critical temperature.

For example, I have two 7970s myself. One of the two cards, had a significantly higher temperature than the second one. I opened that card up and noticed a nice white blob all over the GPU socket. Cleaned it up and replaced the TIM with Icy diamond 7 and it the load temperature dropped dramatically for me.

Back