6750 vs 6700

aKrippler

Gawd
First I will come out and say that I am a hardware newb so if I am making an obvious mistake here somone stop me before I start looking too stupid.

Can somone please point out, or give me some reason why a 6700 is 100 $ more than a 6750?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...mList=N82E16819115029,N82E16819115002&bop=And

Click this link it has the 2 cpu's side by side comparison. Their the exact same thing except the 6750's FSB is 1333MHZ compared to the 6650's FSB wich is only 1066MHZ.

The quicker the FSB the better right?

Really, to be honest I just want to make sure there isnt something beyond what im currently seeing that would influence the higher price on the 6700, because if there is I would like to know so that I may have a better understanding of all of this.

Agian if this is a stupid question and the answer should be right infront of my face somone let me know before I make a fool of myself. :D But in the off-chance that I am right (the 6750 is a better CPU) then does anyone have any idea why it would be priced higher?

No clue why the 6700 is more expensive, but overall, I'd say the 6750 is ballin'. I'm loving mine.

The only difference is the faster bus speed on the 6750. Intel released this proc at an awesome price point, and then never bothered discontinuing or lowering the price of the E6700 for some reason. Right now, there is no point buying the 6700 over the 6750. I bought my 6700 several months ago right after the price cut that brought it to $300, but the difference in performance between the two is so small that it is not worth it for me to upgrade.

Thanks for the post and the responses, I was wondering about that issue myself and now have no worries about going from my E6300 to the E6750!!

Yeah, thanks for the replys guys, Im just interested in learning more and was kind of stuck, but i figured that was the case. Thanks alot guys i apperciate your responses.

Back