6700K in stock (US)

If you're in OC, in CA, the Microcenter in Tustin has a lot of 6700's in stock even though their website says they don't.

It's getting kind of ridiculous at this point. It's been over 5 weeks now and we're now into mid-September...

It's getting kind of ridiculous at this point. It's been over 5 weeks now and we're now into mid-September...

I feel ya. I've had my system planned and ready to order for weeks now. But no point in ordering until I can get the processor. It's just like it always is with popular items. A bunch of fucktards buy up all the stock then try to flip them for 50% - 75% over what they paid for them.

Hell, seen it on here a couple times already, not to mention how rampant it is on Ebay.

I've had two orders cancelled (one for a lost part that never made it onto the UPS truck, had tracking number) to another one that said it failed their QC (how does something fail QC outside of the OEM) only to find both vendors selling said part for an extra $100 to $150 via Amazon the next day. What happened to trying to keep me as a customer and simply putting me ahead of the line for the next available part.

When these parts do come available, I'll buy from someone else. I'll never do business with them again. Both vendors where Amazon 3rd party vendors.

I was able to reserve one at Microcenter in Fairfax VA. Did anybody want it?

I have no need for it since I plan to move to a mobile setup with my Alienware 15 R2 + Graphics Amplifier. (Anyone want a sweet deal on a 5930K setup let me know.)

I have a friend that was able to go to a local store in Estonia and buy one. It's hilarious he has had an easier time buying one at the proper retail price whereas people here are having a hard time.

I have no need for it since I plan to move to a mobile setup with my Alienware 15 R2 + Graphics Amplifier. (Anyone want a sweet deal on a 5930K setup let me know.)

Very good of you to not gouge (if thats what you are doing which it seems). Good to see we have some reasonable members of [H] still around instead of trying to jack us for $475.

Very good of you to not gouge (if thats what you are doing which it seems). Good to see we have some reasonable members of [H] still around instead of trying to jack us for $475.

True that, I thought about tossing mine up on the forums, but I refuse to use Paypal so it's just a hassle. It will sit here for god knows how long before it gets used lol, yay forgetting Amazon preorders!

Yup I don't need it but would at least help out a fellow forum member out.

I feel ya. I've had my system planned and ready to order for weeks now. But no point in ordering until I can get the processor. It's just like it always is with popular items. A bunch of fucktards buy up all the stock then try to flip them for 50% - 75% over what they paid for them.

Hell, seen it on here a couple times already, not to mention how rampant it is on Ebay.

I could have picked one up from Newegg (with an MB of course) last week, but I got distracted and forgot about it for a few hours and they were sold out. Honestly, I wish there was more MB reviews. Right now I'm thinking of getting the Hero, but I'm kinda interested in the Gigabyte boards too. Kinda surprised after Anandtech did that huge preview of MBs, they've had 0 reviews :(

Mad[H]atter;1041853430 said:
True that, I thought about tossing mine up on the forums, but I refuse to use Paypal so it's just a hassle. It will sit here for god knows how long before it gets used lol, yay forgetting Amazon preorders!

I know I can send money directly from my bank. Also Amazon Payments is pretty simple. Let me know if you want sell it and I'm sure we can figure something out.

I would....but billz lol

Wow, these are still not available?? Intel really dropped the ball on this release. Worse than any other that I can remember.

Wow, these are still not available?? Intel really dropped the ball on this release. Worse than any other that I can remember.

It's important to understand that scalpers buying up all available stock is not the same as Intel having availability issues.

It's hard to compete with people who couldn't care less about building a computer, who are buying them up in bulk from anywhere willing to sell them cheaply, just to turn around and re-sell them for $100+ extra each.

It's going to keep happening until the tools stop buying 6700Ks from the scalpers for $500+ each. Seems like there are lots of tools out there unfortunately :(

I agree buying from a scalper to satisfy your own juvenile need to have something "now" doesn't help anyone except the scalper. It reminds me of those assholes who paid 1000+ on ebay for PS3s they first came out. Idiots.

I'll take it!

It's important to understand that scalpers buying up all available stock is not the same as Intel having availability issues.

It's hard to compete with people who couldn't care less about building a computer, who are buying them up in bulk from anywhere willing to sell them cheaply, just to turn around and re-sell them for $100+ extra each.

It's going to keep happening until the tools stop buying 6700Ks from the scalpers for $500+ each. Seems like there are lots of tools out there unfortunately :(

No one's seen a buy limit yet? Just surprised (I've never been able to actually SEE these in stock so I can't ever check) but I assumed it would've been capped to how many you could buy to prevent things like this... :(

$500+ is binned CPU prices from these guys when they have stock;

http://siliconlottery.com/collections/lga-1151

I got lucky, walked into Micro Center last Thursday for a PSU and just happened to ask when they expected the 6700K since their on-line inventory always showed "out of stock", guy says we have 10 in stock. Bought MB, CPU and DRAM on the spot.

$500+ is binned CPU prices from these guys when they have stock;

http://siliconlottery.com/collections/lga-1151

I got lucky, walked into Micro Center last Thursday for a PSU and just happened to ask when they expected the 6700K since their on-line inventory always showed "out of stock", guy says we have 10 in stock. Bought MB, CPU and DRAM on the spot.

Silicon Lottery is a specialty service. You're paying for them to bin the processor and have the open to delid. I think they are pretty fair for what they offer although I have never bought from them. Can't compare that with price guagers.

I'm really surprised there is still a shortage. I have 1 6700k in my house in an htpc but I'm looking for a second one for a gaming rig and I'm not seeing them anywhere

Silicon Lottery is a specialty service. You're paying for them to bin the processor and have the open to delid. I think they are pretty fair for what they offer although I have never bought from them. Can't compare that with price guagers.

I'm really surprised there is still a shortage. I have 1 6700k in my house in an htpc but I'm looking for a second one for a gaming rig and I'm not seeing them anywhere

Yeah, that was my point, if you're spending $500+ then you may as well get some value added. I get the impression there's no shortage elsewhere, one fellow was saying that the 6700K was so plentiful in his area that one could start a binning business there if so inclined. Something seems fishy about the shortage in the US if that's true.

Woo hoo! I got one at the Microcenter in Fairfax VA this morning. They have 5 more if any of you guys are close.

This is pretty surprising. I can't really recall a time before when it was this hard to get an Intel CPU this long after "launch."

I just bought the 5820k for $280ish doing the staples/microcenter price match thing. Now time to grab me a good mobo and a few other things. :D

Canadian update: 6600k's are pretty readily available, but 6700k remains a preorder/backordered product at every Canadian retailer I can find. No store has had any kind of actual stock on the shelves yet.

Le sigh.

Seems like Amazon had it in stock for a super brief period. Did anyone grab one? I'm so sad, I was stuck in traffic when it went up. D; I can't believe how difficult it is to grab one of these given they launched last month.

Seems like Amazon had it in stock for a super brief period. Did anyone grab one? I'm so sad, I was stuck in traffic when it went up. D; I can't believe how difficult it is to grab one of these given they launched last month.
I am still seeing it in stock but for $500 and only from resellers. Hopefully they will be available at or near MSRP when I build my new rig in 3-5 months.

yes, I got one. $350 + tax

Woo hoo! I got one at the Microcenter in Fairfax VA this morning. They have 5 more if any of you guys are close.

I'm up at the Gaylord International starting on Friday and was hoping I could swing by and grab one. Crossing fingers they have them still or get more in by the time lI eave the area.

On a side note, wish we had Micro Centers down here in Central Florida.....

I'm up at the Gaylord International starting on Friday and was hoping I could swing by and grab one. Crossing fingers they have them still or get more in by the time lI eave the area.

On a side note, wish we had Micro Centers down here in Central Florida.....

Here's another option;

http://tinyurl.com/qyx9u5a
(300 pieces available)

6700k is a available on Newegg right now, through a bundle. If you haven't yet picked up a mobo to go with it, there's a few options (ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7, etc).

Finally ordered!

What is so good about the 6700k? If there is a Microcenter near you, the 5820k for $299 sounds like a better deal then getting gauged for $470 for a 6700k.

HP will have good stock of 6700k because they had a deal labor day weekend for a PC with 6700k with GTX 970k. Ship date is not till October though.

What is so good about the 6700k? If there is a Microcenter near you, the 5820k for $299 sounds like a better deal then getting gauged for $470 for a 6700k.

I do not know if I will be building soon or not, but 6700k sold above the standard price absolutely is not worth it. You're exactly right that the 5820k is a better deal at 299 in that case. That's what is annoying to me. Although I am not building right this moment, I want the 6700k when I do, and there is no way I am going to pay any more than the standard price, as it's not worth it to do so. So that means having to wait (if I am even ready by then) for normal stock levels.

6700k is a available on Newegg right now, through a bundle. If you haven't yet picked up a mobo to go with it, there's a few options (ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7, etc).

Finally ordered!

Getting anything that requires a Skylake CPU (and no other) to function, before getting the CPU itself, really makes no sense since you risk the "return window" closing before you are able to confirm defects or dislikes. But no doubt some people have done just that.

Back