• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

6700K hitting 95C immediately

I thought I had mounted my cooler wrong or something.... I finally read the thing about Prime95 v28.5 and the AVX2 extensions.. my 6700k was hitting 81c with a Thermaltake water 3.0 240mm push/pull. I ran that for a couple hours with no errors but those temps were making me uncomfortable so I remounted the block like 3 times tried switched from AS5 (yes, I know.. so old) to Antec Formula7 and then ordered GC-extreme... Anyways... I am using Prime 26.6 now and my loads hit 72c max with fresh paste (5 mins after mounting) but it never hit more than 70c after an hour... mostly wavering around in the mid 60s and the intel xtreme util only hit like 60c max but was mostly in mid to upper the 50s. While running Prime28.5 I noticed my wattage hitting 125+ on the CPU which was crazy... I didn't run that too long but wow. After my 3rd mount of the block with my 6700k @ 4.6ghz @ 1.36v and LLC on my idle temps are in the teens and loads are peaking at 70 MAX but that's Prime95.. the intel xtreme stress test seems more like what gaming temps might be like in the mid 50s. This is a brand new build so I need to drop my 980ti in and test some gaming this weekend. Board is a Gigabyte Z170x gaming 7 with g.skill trident ddr4 @ 3200 with the xmp profile on. Bios F8d beta.

edit: I think I am going to use Asus RealBench as I do want to validate my cpu using those avx/avx2 extensions but without the ballistic heat. I would assume the most recent version of the intel xtreme util's stress test would use those also.. those temps were at least 10c less than Prime's...
 
Last edited:
prime95 works every cpu unrealistically hard. ive always thought that it makes more sense to use the manufacturers tests. intel xtu for intel and amd overdrive's stability test.
 
Back
Top