6700K air cooling

WildMonkey

Gawd
I have a 2500K and I use a CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus air cooler on it, can I use this same cooler on a 6700K? If not what do you recommend? I don't plan on going high-end on the cooling, just a good above average unit.

If you're not going to overclock, that cooler with a good quiet fan should work just fine. these newer chips run much cooler than the older generations. JUst make sure to properly adjust the screw on the bottom of the cooler base to ensure proper contact.

That cooler is already above average. Anything else is fairly high end, such as Phanteks or Noctua, costing over $50.

It really depends on the temps you want. The 2600k and 6700k have the same TDP.

If you're not going to overclock, that cooler with a good quiet fan should work just fine. these newer chips run much cooler than the older generations. JUst make sure to properly adjust the screw on the bottom of the cooler base to ensure proper contact.
Yes and no. They use very little power but the power is in a space a fraction of the size and it is hard to remove

212 will do the job. It was a good value cooler in past years, and still in in a few place on Earth. But there are many newer coolers easily as good and often better for similar or less money.

It will do okay on a stock 6700, but if you overclock it will quickly become noisy. I'm using a True Spirit 140 rev.A on my 6700 and really like it. It's performance is same of other top tier coolers and it only costs $50 .. if you can find one.

Back